Monday, August 04, 2008

Little Einsteins DVD Giveaway


**** And the winner is comment #31 - Theresa N - as selected by Random.org.  ******

This Monday's giveaway is once again a kid's item, but as it is a DVD, it's also a little for the parents as it will provide 97 minutes of blissful peace. The lucky winner will receive a copy of the newly released Little Einsteins DVD: Flight of the Instrument Fairies, featuring four fairy tale adventures.

To enter to win, just leave a comment with your children's favorite show. For extra chances to win, sign up for my feed or return on different days with entertaining comments. As usual, don't forgot to leave your email address or sign in with a blog that has an email address. I will select the winner at random on Friday, August 15.

I'm always searching for entertainment options that are relatively gender-neutral to minimize the fighting between Jack and Bella (and increasingly Juliette). We steer clear of Barbie and Thomas the Train DVDs - although Jack was a big fan of My Little Pony for a long time, much to Steve's horror. That's why I love Little Einsteins. It not only exposes them to art and classical music, it also has a rocket and a ballerina. The fact that this latest DVD combines fairies and rockets is just ideal.

Here's a clip from the DVD. It will be released tomorrow, and Amazon is selling it for $14.99.

And there's still time to enter the giveaway for Jane Green's latest bestseller, the Beach House.

If you like giveaways, you should check out Laura Williams' blog - she lists fantastic giveaways every day, as well as hosting her own. This week she's doing a giveaway of packages of Bob's Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal.

40 comments:

Dto3 said...

Sadly, I can't tell you my kids' favorite TV show. They rarely watch TV, unless it is in the backseat of the mini-van, and I have "heard" a lot of kids' TV, but have seen little - lucky me! Luckier me when the headphones are in use.

Dawn said...

I've tried Baby Einstein videos to no avail. I've even bought a Dora video and Bear in the Big Blue House videos. Camryn, who is only 19 months, has yet to take an interest in any show.

Maybe, just maybe this video will do the trick! I'd love it if she would ONLY watch in the car and be happy.

*crossing my fingers*

Sarah Rose Evans said...

D is a Sesame Street Crack addict. I don't mind it, but my husband thinks Elmo is the most annoying creation in the universe, followed very shortly by every single other cast member.

sarah.rose.evans@gmail.com

Lisa said...

Zuri likes Dora and Spongebob.
Aaron is really into Anything on Nick Jr and Spongebob.
I have never seen a little einstein video. Not sure why, I guess I've never thought to pick one up.

cpullum said...

My kids love to watch Zack and Cody on Disney!
cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

Elizabeth said...

My kids are 9, 5, and 4 months, so their t.v. interests are varied. My oldest prefers "tween" shows like Hannah Montana. and my middle, a boy, is only interested in shows that include superheroes. My baby doesn't watch any t.v. yet, but eventually we'll try Baby Einstein and Little Einsteins. I'm not sure how long I'll wait to let her try to watch something. I'm sure someday I'll be desperate for some quiet time and I'll pop something in. Preferably, this cute Little Einsteins dvd!

Kristie said...

My daughter's favorite show is Curious George-she always asks for George!

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Bebemiqui said...

Their favorite is Spongebob.
Great giveaway! Count me in. bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cheryl said...

My kiddos like Thomas, Bob the Builder (he does have a female assistant who does her fair share of building), Little People (the DVDs by Fisher-Price - they're kinda cute), Kipper, Barney, and VeggieTales.

Kipper is very neutral (since it's about a dog) and would have very little merchandising around here - I have found DVDs at Barnes and Noble. You can find some episodes on YouTube, if you want to see one to determine whether or not your kiddos might like it before springing for a DVD. VeggieTales is obviously not targeted at a specific gender either. Neither are the Little People DVDs (which do teach some counting, seasons, etc.), though there's obviously a heavy merchandise tie-in there, and the age range may be limited.

Anonymous said...

My son's favorite show is Thomas the Tank Engine, followed closely by Blues Clues (we prefer Steve over Joe, thank you very much). After that anything on Sprout is okey dokey.

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

My daughter loves Little Einstein and Word World. Word World is a great gender neutral learning show for you to try out!

Surviving the Smiths said...

My daughter is in to the Little Mermaid right now and, of course Dora. I'll have to say though that she enjoys Diego just about as much as Dora. My boys like the boy stuff - Ben 10, Spiderman, Power Rangers . . .

nashvillmel@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

wiggles, by far!! altho barney and dora come in second and third place!

Homemom3 said...

Backyardigans and Little Einstiens is her favorite cartoons. Right now our cable is out so she's pretty bummed. Would love to win this, it beats watching all those movies we already have 100 times. I'm ready for something new.

homemom3@gmail.com
http://homemom3.blogspot.com

Farrah said...

My 2yr. old son can sing the Little Einstein song if that tells you anything. We are big fans around here. And with baby#2 6days away, I think we could use a new DVD around here. :) Thanks so much.

Farrah (Chicago Moms Blog)
babyloveslings.blogspot.com

Multicultural Arts Leadership Initiative said...

The Little Einstein's is my 5 yo's favorite. She pretends to be June at least once a day.
Thanks!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

My daughter loves Super Why and son loves Bob the Builder! Thanks for the chance to win! :)

kananee said...

My kids love SpongeBob!

lokeelanee (at)netzero(dot)com

Lady M said...

"Little Bill" is the current favorite around here.

Unknown said...

My dd loves Sponge Bob Square Pants, but I love The Bananasplits, which is coming back with all new jokes and skits on September 2. I used to watch this when it was on Saturday mornings in 1969, and yes, I am telling my age by that, but it will be so good for the little ones. Check it out at http://bananasplits.com/

jane maynard said...

believe it or not, little einsteins is my little girls MOST FAVORITE. :) crossing my fingers for her!
www.thisweekfordinner.com
infoatthisweekfordinnerdotcom

Jessica said...

My kids love little einsteins and dora and diego. They would love this new DVD! Thanks!

kevnjacks said...

They really like Veggie Tales and Curious George! :)

Unknown said...

My son's favorite shows are Sesame Street and he loves the Baby Einstein series! I would love to win this for him, he seems to enjoy seeing the Little Einsteins previews on his DVD's!

phillipsonlygirl at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

We are subscribing!

phillipsonlygirl at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Let's see, current is BigFoot presents Meteor and the Monster Trucks which is a show about children monster trucks. Kiddo learns some good lessons but it's lots of fun. The Magic Schoolbus is a recent favorite. Anything on Noggin has been a favorite, though Diego is a fav. The Little Einsteins have been a long-term fav.

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Well my 5 year old loves Little Einsteins, Chaotic, Pokemon, and Ben 10 equally.

My 13 year old daughter loves Degrassi

And my 17 year old loves pretty much anything on the NFL Network

Gayle Weiswasser said...

Hi - My kids love the Little Einsteins! Thanks!

Cheryl said...

My daughter LOVES the whole Playhouse Disney lineup, especially the Wiggles and Little Einsteins!

Jennifer said...

my daughter likes the backyardigans but they kind of got booted off the airways for the summer. i don't know why she likes them so much but she does.

Theresa N. said...

Big Comfy Coach she loves clowns.
Theresa N
weceno(at)yahoo(dot)com

Rebekah said...

Audrey is all about the Mickey Mouse club house with Little Einsteins as her very next favorite.

James & Aimee said...

My daughter LOVES Winnie the Pooh. She goes around the house trying to sing the theme song...she's not even 2 so it's really cute! :) But she also loves "Rocket" that's what she calls the Little Einsteins. aimeecmorris(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

My little one loves Little Einsteins as well as Dora!
Thanks!
Megret
musesofmegret (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Besides Baby Einstein videos, my little girl loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins actually!

cheliseb@aol.com

Susan Heim said...

My four-year-old twins love Little Einsteins, Higglytown Heroes, Little Bear, and Wonder Pets. They would be SO excited if they won this DVD!

Anonymous said...

My kids love Endurance on Discovery Kids...we each pick a team we cheer for and see how far they make...it is great for their competitive natures.
mikeandneens@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My sons favorite has always been Sesame Street. Loves Ernie...

CPA Mom said...

My kids love Little Einsteins (of course), Franklin, Little Bill and Blue's Clues, among others. Can't wait to see this new DVD. Thanks for the chance to win it!

xoBeau said...

Pippi loves Elmo (Sesame Street) ~ Her little cousin loves Little Einsteins, in fact, Einstein is one of her favorite words :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails