
If all goes well with the Gods of travel, as you read this post our entire family is happily settled in a little Parisian apartment where we will be spending the next five days, eating our way through boulangeries, fromageries, cafes, and restaurants.
And if all goes well with the Gods of Wi-Fi, I will be blogging about our long-awaited trip to France, sharing our experiences with you every night.
As soon as my husband quit his job, we began planning our visit to France. My mother lives here, in a medieval farmhouse in the Loire Valley (which I hope is equipped with Wi-Fi as well...) Back when we were single, we used to come to see her multiple times a year, sometimes for long weekends. Bella was a frequent traveler to France and even benefitted from a month-long trip when she was a baby and Steve had a long break between jobs.
But as we added kids, the frequency of our trips back to my homeland (la patrie) decreased radically. Juliette, named after my grandmother a few months after her death, has never set foot in France.
But at last we're on our way to buttery croissants, crusty baguettes, and crepes au sucre. I've scheduled a few posts for the next 10 days in case I can't get Blogger to cooperate, but I'm hoping to be back in a few days with some real live details.
A bientot!

6 comments:
Safe travels! Oh the food sounds so good. My husband has been to Europe several times, but of course I haven't gotten to go yet.
Oh, your trip sounds fabulous, can't wait to hear more about it on the way to BlogHer! Take care and enjoy :)
I hope you have a wonderful time in France seeing the sights, enjoying the food, and catching up with your mom!
Have a wonderful time during your visit! I will look forward to reading about your trip as you experience it. How wonderful that your kids get to go with you and see and learn about your "la patrie!"
May the Travel Gods smile upon you all!! ;-)
ah, SIGH. It's tough when family is spread out. I hate that my kids don't know some of their cousins and aunts back there. I'm so glad your children got to see your homeland.
I agree, so tough once kids come into the picture to travel to France, especially with a larger family such as yourself. We used to go all the time with our firstborn. Get's trickier now with two (or more). I hope your kiddos have fun bonding with grandmere!
Post a Comment