Friday, October 24, 2008

A Thank You

When I started blogging last January, I didn't know what I was getting into. I started out instinctively. I wanted a place of my own to talk about my thoughts and feelings. I never dreamed anybody would be reading it! I didn't know that my blog would connect me to an amazing world of smart women (I know there are men out there, but they're not the ones commenting!) who would open my mind with their courageous and thoughtful comments.

Thank You Pictures, Images and PhotosThis post is simply to say thank you. Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for telling me when you agree or disagree. Thank you for sharing your stories, your fears, and your hopes. Thank you for breaking down the geographical and ideological boundaries that separate us.

Yesterday I posted a book review about autism and vaccines. It's a topic I'd been thinking about a lot. Reading Dr. Offit's book helped me get some information, but your comments brought my thought process on the issue to a whole new level. You told me about your autistic children, about your decisions on immunizations, and about your perception of the author's bias. You made me think.

A month and a half ago, I stuck a toe in the political storm by posting about my indecision. Again, your comments both here and at NJ Moms Blog gave me a lot to ponder.

But this is not just about my two controversial posts - this is also about all the other posts, about recipes, birthdays, discipline, sibling rivalry, even Club Penguin. Your comments full of valuable advice and encouragement have really helped me.

So this note, this post - is really a very belated thank you for all you've given me in the past year. I've grown a lot because of you. I'm thrilled to read your blogs and I thank you for reading and commenting on mine. For so long, I struggled in my suburban world of minivans and bathroom remodeling. I felt like I was just going through the motions. You've made me come alive.

3 comments:

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

well, I personally enjoy your blog..have no idea who you are in real life but you are an awesome blogger. Blogging is amazing to me, I personally get alot out of it from you and others, reviews, opinions and more. Thankyou for blogging.

Maternal Mirth said...

Thank you for being YOU. You are an enjoyable read and a smart cookie, to boot!

Dawn said...

Let me just say, I think you are one classy woman. You are never, ever judgmental. I repsect you highly as a mom, blogger and woman. In every post you write you can tell you are such a thoughtful person. We can all learn from you. :)

I'm very thankful to have you on my blog list. I always look forward to reading each and every post. Keep up the awesome writing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails