Saturday, May 09, 2009

The Noticer Giveaway


GIVEAWAY SATURDAY
*** Congrats to MovieMomma and GaHome2Mom, comments #49 and 68***
These days I have to force myself to read the newspaper. Every day brings more news of layoffs, cut backs, bankruptcies, and stock market decline. It's hard to feel hopeful, to look to the future with such persistent negativity and so I look to other sources to keep up my optimism.

Andy Andrew's newest book, The Noticer, is designed to bring us back hope. It is a mix of memoir, fiction, and inspirational writing and aims to teach its readers that a new perspective can bring happiness and abundance. Although Andrews is the bestselling author of The Traveler's Gift, he is no stranger to tough times. His manuscript was passed over 50 times before becoming an International bestseller, and he spent some time homeless, living under a pier.

The Noticer has also sparked a viral movement called the Noticer Project. Participants worldwide take a step back from their hectic lives to "recognize" five people who have made a positive impact on their lives. You can recognize your Five by whatever method seems most fitting: with a handwritten letter, by email, on your blog, on the Noticer Project website, or even by leaving a comment on this post!

Today for giveaway I have two copies of the Noticer to spread a little hope and optimism around. To enter to win, just leave me a comment here by Friday, May 23 with the five people in your life you would like to "notice". I'll select the winners at random that night. As usual, you can get extra chances to win by linking to this contest on your blog, and subscribing to my feeds for Chefdruck Musings and Chefdruck Reviews. You can also Tweet about it for an extra entry.

And if you're wondering who my five are... they are without further ado:
  1. My grandmother, Lola, who taught me that not even war can stand in the way of a strong woman.
  2. My husband, Steve, who taught me how to laugh at myself.
  3. My mother in law, Joan, who turned an independent oldest child into the spoiled baby of another family.
  4. My mother, Chantal, who showed me that there is always something to be learned, no matter how mindless the job.
  5. My sister, Jessica, who introduced me to the joys of blogging.

106 comments:

Unknown said...

1) my dad: who is batteling cancer and has taught me to be positive and how to fight for things. 2) My mom:taught me how to be strong and get thru tough times in my life.
3) My grandma. taught To stand up for myself and not take any crap from anyone. 4)my sister:taught me to be selfless, a mediater and to be kind. 5)my husband) taught me how to slow down and to be patient.
amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

tweeted. amsbolda@hotmail.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/1752678040

janetfaye said...

I would like to notice:

1. My mother
2. My father
3. My sister
4. My eldest son
5. My youngest son.

Thank you!

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Musings subscribed.



janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Reviews subscribed.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

Tweet:
http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/1752778491

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

mommyjen99 said...

Subscriber
jen62728@aol.com

mommyjen99 said...

Just blogged here
http://mommyjen99.blogspot.com/
jen62728@aol.com

Cindy B.of Montana said...

1. my hubby!
2. my friend, Dan
3. my RCS girlfriends
4. my dad
5.my paternal grandma

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Subscribe to Musings

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Subscribe to Reviews

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Tweeted. http://twitter.com/sendtocindy/status/1753277214

Terra Heck said...

I'd love to read this book. Here are my five people:
1.) my mother - she has struggled through a lifetime of hardships and she has never weakened her resolve and has always stood strong
2.)Angela of Barefoot Mommies - she was a tremendous help in getting me started with my own blog
3.) Ruby (a cook at my old job) - little old lady with spunk and sparkle. She made me feel special.
4.) my husband - He was, and still is, definitely a blessing from God and he's been with me through thick and thin
5.) my children (all six of them) - they show unconditional love and acceptance of me and show me a wonderful world through their eyes

-partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Terra Heck said...

I'm a Chefdruck Musings subscriber.

partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

VickieC said...

My 5 are

1.My husband
2.My best friend Majel
3.My Dad
4.My grandchildren
5.My Mom



vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

VickieC said...

I am a subscriber



vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mverno said...

i would love to be more of a positive person these days love to win mverno@roadrunner.com

KR said...

I'd like to notice:
1. Hubby - 31 years and he's still my best friend!!
2. Oldest son - finishing 1st year of med school! WTG!!!!
3. Younger son - back in college after shotgun accident - 6 surgeries but determined to move on - You make me proud
4. My Mom - she passed away in February. She molded me into the woman I am today.
5. Debbie, Page, Angie, Beth and Connie - The best group of co-teachers ever. Thanks guys for all you've done for me these past 2 years when Life has been tough!

mj.coward@gmail.com

KR said...

I subscribe to Musings

mj.coward@gmail.com

KR said...

I subscribe to Reviews

mj.coward@gmail.com

rubynreba said...

1. My husband who is battling cancer now.
2. My Dad who is a survivor of cancer.
3. My best friend ever, Rose.
4. My minister who led me to faith
5. My daughter.

rubynreba said...

I subscribe by email
pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

Anonymous said...

I'd like to notice:

1. My husband--He always supports me in everything I do and I know that he will always be here for me!

2. My father--My dad taught me to true value of hard work and how to get what you want!

3. My mother--My mom always tries to be the best mom that she can!

4. My stepmother--My stepmother has taught me that the impossible is actually possible!

5. My son--He brings me feelings of joy that are inexpressible!

Anonymous said...

I twittered your giveaway!

@calmond

Amber said...

1) My Grandmother - nursed me and took care of me since birth
2) My Grandfather - told me the best stories and could always make me laugh
3) My mom - put up with a lot of crap from me over the years
4) My Great-Aunt Georgia Ann - was just the sweetest, kindest, most generous lady I ever had the pleasure of knowing
5) My kindergarten teacher Mrs. Gottlieb - taught me that it is okay to think for myself and that I should always follow my heart

Thank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Staci A said...

My mom, who is amazingly positive and helpful. My dad, who has shown me how to over obstacles. My hubby, for being so supportive. My son, for being so sweet and loving. And my sister, for just always being there.

Thanks for the chance to enter!
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Staci A said...

I subscribe to Musings.
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Staci A said...

And I subscribe to reviews, thanks!
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Becky said...

1. My mother who has been through so much (raising 8 kids after her husband died of a heart attack), and still remained a constant rock in all us kids' lives.
2. My husband who has suffers from diabetes, depression, anxiety, and continues to trudge along to take care of our family.
3. My best friend who I lost last year after giving birth to her 4th child (died of brain hemorrhage). She taught me to live life to the fullest and to love everyone! God knew I needed her in my life.
4. My best friend's husband who has managed to care for 4 children on his own, and has done an awesome job! He is a great Mr. Mom.
5. My husband's grandma. She is the kindest and most giving person I know. She can always sense when someone is in need and is right there to give a hand.

The Merry Death said...

1 * My mom - she taught me the importance of God & empathy
2 * My dad - for breaking the cycle of abuse & addiction
3 * My sister - she overcame drugs and codependency.
4 * My best friend - Who has been there for me through thick and thin
5 * My brother - who always has a joke to lift my spirits!
meredycat*lycos*com

The Merry Death said...

Tweet! https://twitter.com/meredycat/status/1762161175
meredycat*lycos*com

bison61 said...

1. my husband
2. my brother
3. my mother
4. oldest son
5. my daughter-in-law

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

David Johnson said...

1. My wife
2. My Dad
3. My Grandma
4. My friend Dave
5. My friend Fred

Sunnyvale said...

Husband, 3 sisters, all 6 children.

Carol EL said...

My notice list- 1. Husband 2. Dad 3.Sister Ada 4.My 83 yr. old Mom.love you 5.Best friend,Jodie jelly15301@gmail.com

Carol EL said...

Yahoo reader subscriber. jelly15301@gmail.com

Carol EL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol EL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol EL said...

Chefdruck Reviews E-mail subscriber.

danosor said...

My husband,my mother,my father,my sons,my sister.

sula_nsb said...

1)mother
2)my older sister(Zeinab)
3)my best friend (nosa)
4)my other best friend(boba)
5)my English teacher (when I was young ) MR.Sameer

Unknown said...

i would like to notice...

1. my husband. i could not do this without him.

2. my grandmother. she has always shown incredible strength. now we need to show strength for her.

3. my mother. she has always been my biggest fan...

4. my mother-in-law. she has taken me in like one of her own.

5. my friend susan. she is such a good support to me...

Unknown said...

i subscribe to chefdruck musings through reader...

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

i subscribe to chefdruck reviews...

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

CinemaSista said...

Here are my 5.. :)

1. My Grandmother: For teaching me what it is to be strong.
2. My Mother: For believing in me now matter what.
3. My Father: For supporting his children no matter what the cost.
4 & 5 My children (have to do at once): For showing me what it is to love someone so unconditionally, more than life itself.

Thanks for the giveaway!

MovieMomma@gmail.com

CinemaSista said...

I subscribe via email. :)

MovieMomma@gmail.com

CinemaSista said...

I tweeted!

http://twitter.com/CinemaSista/status/1781804831

Twitter ID: CinemaSista
MovieMomma@gmail.com

sweetsue said...

My mother, my boyfriend,and my three children all deserve to be noticed more!
smchester at gmail dot com

Kristyn Martin said...

My great-grandma - Who stayed strong all of her 101 years of life and who is a constatnt reminder to me that with God, all things are possible.
My son - who reminds me everyday that you don't have to be rich to be the luckiest person alive!
My mother - who is the voice of reason in times on insanity.
My husband - who puts up with my mood swings and then pretends they never happened :-)
My daddy - who has stood behind me from the day I was born.

countrygirl1823@aol.com

Smooshy said...

1. my best girlfriend
2. my mother
3. my brother
4. my husband
5. my father

Unknown said...

My 5 people are:

1. My mom-she is the rock of our family
2. My dad-he has worked hard all of his life to provide for his family
3. My sis-she is an inspiration to all mothers
4. My best friend-she is always there for me
5. My SO-he raised his 3 kids on his own after his ex left him for a man she met on the computer

Thanks!

sherri419 at gmail dot com

bloggytreasures said...

My mom, my husband, my daughter, my son, my sister!
quelleheure4[at]gmail{dot}com

bloggytreasures said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Reviews

bloggytreasures said...

I tweeted! http://twitter.com/quelleheure4/status/1829936318

minishoes1 said...

I have been wanting to read this book for along time! thanks jacquecurl1@gmail.com
My MOM
MY older sister
My boyfriend
Friend 1
friend 2

minishoes1 said...

subscribe to chuck musing. jacquecurl1@gmail.com

minishoes1 said...

subscribe to chuck review. jacquecurl1@gmail.com

Karen said...

I would love to read this :)

ktgonyea at gmail.com

Marianna said...

1) My Dad- who always believed in me, no matter how I screwed up.
2) My Mom - who is the smartest person I know despite the fact she never went to college.
3) One of my nursing instructors - who gave me the confidence to make it through nursing school and become an ICU nurse.
4) My sons - who give me untold joy every day.
5) My best friend - who is always there for me, even though I'm a crappy friend and even forgot her birthday this year!

Anonymous said...

my husband.....who is always with me
my daughters.....they bring such joy
my mom.....such strength
my sister-in-law.....always does the right thing
my best girlfriend.......caring and wonderful

susan1215 said...

My husband
My daughter
My son
My Mom
My Dad

Janet said...

5 People:

1. Husband
2. Daughter
3. Daughter
4. Daughter
5. Daughter
6. Daughter

gahome2mom at gmail dot com

Janet said...

subscriber 2

gahome2mom at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

1. God-people don't seem to notice Him enough anymore
2. My daughter-she is the best daughter anyone could ask for
3. My husband-I could not live without him
4. My sister-she is my best friend
5. My boss-I couldn't imagine working for anyone else

donna at optilink dot us

bison61 said...

!. My Mother
2. Brother
3. husband
4. Son
5. Daughter-in-law

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

yellowlabs said...

1. My Mom
2. My Dad
3. My Husband
4. My Sister
5. My Brothers

Jblanton said...

my five I would like to "notice"
1) my husband
2) my mom
3) my dad
4) my daughter
5) my son

Betty C said...

1. My mother
2. Debby
3. Dan
4. John
5. Kelli

SantaFe said...

My five to notice would be:
1. my husband
2. my best friend, Lisa
3. my mom
4. my 2 daughters
5. my 8th grade English teacher

Unknown said...

My 5 would be
My mother, my husband, my sister, my daughter, and my grandma.

Thanks for the giveaway. Sounds great!

Unknown said...

subscribe to Chefdruck Musings
jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

Subscribe to Chefdruck Reviews
jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

TWEET http://twitter.com/MACMOMof3/status/1891278181
jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

blogggggg said...

1)My mother, who is my rock.
2)My soul mate Victor, who is my inspiration.
3)My sister, who's strength amazes me.
4)My best friend Shanna, who can always make me laugh.
5)My nephew, who reminds me that life is simple and great if you just let it be.

wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

blogggggg said...

I subscribe to your feed for Chefdruck Musings.

wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

blogggggg said...

I subscribe to your feed for Chefdruck Reviews.

wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My five would be:
1. My beautiful oldest daughter
2. My other beautiful youngest daughter
3. My full of life grandaughter
4. My oldest son who is such a joy
5. My youngest son who is actually the biggest baby of the family

Thanks for the book giveaway.

fcscheermom@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Musiings.
fcscheermom@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Reviews.
fcscheermom@aol.com

Couture Lady said...

My 5 would be

1. My grandmother because she is the strongest woman I know and taught me values and to be strong.
2. My mother the most selfless individual that has shown me to have compassion for the world
3. My sister who taught me to persevere and look on the bright side of things
4.My boyfriend who has been loving and supported as I received my Master's and stood by me.
5.My niece who shows me unconditional love.

fly18grl21@aol.com

Couture Lady said...

Subscribe to Reviews
fly18grl21@aol.com

Couture Lady said...

Subscribe to Musings
fly18grl21@aol.com

Anonymous said...

The five people I would notice are
1.my mother-bless her for her strong will nad endless love
2.my wife-who is my rock
3.my son-who is my legacy
4.my daughter-who are brilliant at everything they do.
5.my brother-who is my sidekick

our5bunch@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Subscrieb to Chefdruck Musings
our5bunch@aol.com

Anonymous said...

subscribe to chefdruck reviews
our5bunch@aol.com

thebun said...

The people I know that would love this book are the following:
my son
my fiance
my girlfriend
my mom
my brother

thebun[at]personainternet.com

Anonymous said...

1. My Dad 2. My Mother 3. My Wife 4. My daughter 5. My Grandmother

Kathy P said...

my hub
my daughter kayla
my daughter sierra
my son jordan
my brother mike ;)

Misusedinnocence said...

1. My Dad
2. My son.
3. My best friend.
4. My Aunt.
5. My Shakespeare teacher from high school.

misusedinnocence@aol.com

Anonymous said...

1. My friend Drew
2. My freind Eric
3. My 6th grade teacher
4. My Grandma
5. My Uncle Rob

frylock995@gmx.com

Anonymous said...

1. My sister
2. My friend Becca
3. My Father-In-Law
4. My best friend-Sis
5. My spritual advisor-Jason

Anonymous said...

1. My grandparents who raised me from age 3 and watch with pride when I graduated from high school.
2. My husband who has been my friend and love for 35 years.
3. My grandchildren who have taught me how to be a kid again.
4. My pets who have showed me unconditional love.
5. My best friend since the 2nd grade who is battling cancer.
Bshaw75015@aol.com

Lorie Shewbridge said...

1. My husband: always there for me.
2. My sister-in-law Judie: always knows what to say to bring me out of my funk.
3. My best friend Sue, who past away last month: I never had to ask she was there for me and I for her just by a look or word.
4. My daughter-in-law and friend, Debbie (we are the same age): We can talk about anything and just know when we need to even though we are 1100 miles away from each other.
5. My children, Nik & Alex: they have grown-up into extremely intelligent and loving young men - dispite me!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I follow your blog.

Marie said...

My husband.
My son, Mac.
My daughter, Alex.
My mother in law.
My sister in law
My best friend!

Marie said...

Sorry, I forgot my email address -- sigh, I'm having one of those days!

marielay@gmail.com

gloria said...

1. My huband Kerry
2. My daughter Karissa
3. My twin son Travis
4. My twin son Dustin
5. My mother Ruth

ZESTYWONDERLAND said...

1. MOM
2. DAD
3. SISTERS
4. 4 KIDS
5. OUR PETS

ZESTYWONDERLAND said...

subscriber !

zestywonderland@gmail.com

NesieBird said...

Thank you so much! Here it goes:
1. My husband
2. My daughters
3. My sisters
4. My grandpa
5. My best friend

kneecree at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

These would be

Mom
Dad
Maternal Grandmother
older brother
younger brother

Anonymous said...

I actually have 8. My mother, and my 7 children ages 16, 14, 9, 7, 3, 2 and 8 mths. They are all people of wonder in my life and I am blessed to have them all!

Jinxy and Me said...

My husband
My sister
My Mom
My Aunt
My nephew

Kathy said...

1) My husband who is a good provider and father.
2) My son John who has become a good provider and father to his own family.
3) My son George who has the kindest heart in the world.
4) My daughter Sara who is a hard worker and will control the world someday.
5) My sister-in-law Suzie who is a fighter but lost the battle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails