Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux DVD Giveaway


GIVEAWAY SATURDAY

****Congrats to JillianLVeigt, comment # 229 - she was selected by Random.org as the winner of the Tale of Despereaux DVD ****

My kids don't watch much TV during the week, not because we're anti-TV, but because our schedules are just too hectic. But on weekend afternoons, after a great morning playing in the yard, we like to have some family downtime on the couch. I'm always on the lookout for family friendly movies that will entertain everyone, boys and girls, toddlers and big kids.

The Tale of Despereaux
will be released on DVD on Tuesday, April 7. It features the incredible voice talents of Matthew Broderick, Emma Watson, Dustin Hoffman, Sigourney Weaver, Kevin Kline, William H. Macy, Tracy Ullman, and Stanley TucciWe recently screened our review copy and it was a big hit with everyone. My husband enjoyed the action packed plot, Jack enjoyed the adventure, and both girls thought the mice were just "so cute!" And I liked that the movie was not only entertaining but that it had an easy to understand moral about courage and honor.

I have one DVD copy of the The Tale of Despereaux
to giveaway today. To enter to win, leave a comment here with your favorite children's movie by Friday, April 17. I'll select the winners at random that night. As usual, you can get extra chances to win by linking to this contest on your blog, and subscribing to my feeds for Chefdruck Musings and Chefdruck Reviews. You can also Tweet about it for an extra entry. As I'm shipping out this prize myself, please limit entries to Continental US only.

270 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 270   Newer›   Newest»
Abby said...

Our family favorite lately has been Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler

ajcmeyer AT go DOT com

Patsyk said...

We just watched Ratatouille again this weekend. Just love that movie!

toontz said...

There are so many...but one of my all-time favorites is Monster, Inc.

toontz said...

I follow!

toontz said...

I tweeted! http://twitter.com/toontz/status/1453720658

Dawn said...

I'd love to win this movie. The girls haven't seen it yet.

My favorite children's movie is still The Little Mermaid! =)

Dawn said...

I Tweeted! http://is.gd/qMIO

justme said...

right now we like monsters vs aliens b/c we just saw it, but my sass loved loved loved desperaux ...count us in

Unknown said...

our favorite right now is charlotte's web. we would really love to get this movie... we've all loved the book.

Unknown said...

i subscribe to both your blogs.

KR said...

Please count me in.

KR said...

I follow Musings

KR said...

I follow Musings

KR said...

I follow reviews

Shannon said...

My 8 yr old wanted to see this when it was in theaters... we just never had a chance to. So I'd love to surprise her with this!

One of my fav children's movies is Sleeping Beauty... classic Disney fairytale! Love it!

Sarah DeSalvo said...

My new favorite is Madagascar 2 - just so I can see my 1 year old dance to the "Move it, Move it" music!

Sarah DeSalvo said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Reviews

Sarah DeSalvo said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings

YZgirl4 said...

My favorite kids movie is Shrek...all of them
yzgrl4[at]verizon[dot]net

YZgirl4 said...

subscriber
yzgrl4[at]verizon[dot]net

Ellen C. said...

My favorite of all time would be Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Thanks for the chance.

sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

Steph said...

One of my favorite kids movies is Wall-E.

Jackie said...

There are many childrens' movies we enjoy watching as a family. Two of them are Shrek and Monsters Inc. Thanks for the review and giveaway...we'd love to see this movie.

VickieC said...

My grandson loves the Disney movie the Aristocats,every time he comes over he wants to watch "the cat Movie"he never gets tired of watching it,we NEED a new movie!lol



vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

mverno said...

we liked finding nemo mverno@roadrunner.com

Mel said...

My favorite family movies are the old time ones like Swiss Family Robinson, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Absent Minded Professor, etc. I do enjoy a good Disney cartoon though!

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

we had a spring break of movies watching old and new- the one they loved watching over and over is the lion king

windycindy said...

Hello! Great DVD giveaway prize!
Our favorite is "The Secret of Nimh!"
A delightful story. Please enter me in your contest. Many thanks.....
Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

I am a subscriber to both blogs!
Again, thanks! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

windycindy said...

"Tweet!" http://twitter.com/cmh512/
status/1456924278.
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Karen A. said...

Favorite children's movie - 101 Dalmations.

anastasia said...

Our favorite is between Iceage and Shrek. As for the classics it is Lady and the Tramp.

rubynreba said...

We like the Land Before Time series

rubynreba said...

I subscribe

Anonymous said...

Mary
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

It's gotta be ICE AGE!!! (even the 2nd one) I think we've watched that about 10 zillion times LOL

js22 said...

101 Dalmatians.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Amber said...

Shrek and Shrek 2 are definitely our family's favorite childrens movie(s)!
Thanks for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

Erica C. said...

we'd love to have this!

Anonymous said...

Favorite is definitely Toy Story II. It's a classic!

Peggy said...

Love Shrek!! We can watch that movie over and over . We also love Cars. Too cute.
Thanks
matternu@aol.com

Unknown said...

My childs favorite is Toy Story. Thanks.

kport207 at gmail dot com

Colleen said...

my sons favorite is Cars.
My daughters is actually a music video dvd...laurie berkner.

Colleen said...

I subscribe to your feeds.

jellosheriff said...

I love Shrek (1&2)

Qwill said...

My kids favorite movie was The Sandlot.

Denise S. said...

Finding Nemo is a favorite around here.

Nicole C. said...

My favorite is The Wizard of Oz!!

choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

Sonya Cocherell said...

I thought Bolt was cute :)

Thanks

Allen McLeod said...

We love the Shrek movies.

armlam@bellsouth.net

jzagarjr said...

I like Toy Story.

Anonymous said...

Anything Disney cartoon like Fantasia.

Anonymous said...

tweeted

http://twitter.com/lisagee123/status/1458847839

Anonymous said...

email subscriber

chromiumman said...

chitty chitty bang bang

valerie2350 said...

jungle book :)

valerie2350 said...

musings subscriber

valerie2350 said...

review subscriber

valerie2350 said...

http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1459071948

nina said...

We love meet the robinsons

mikeandneens@yahoo.com

Nina said...

I subscribe to reviews

mikeandneens@yahoo.com

Nina said...

I subscribe to musings

mikeandneens@yahoo.com

Toby said...

Hard to choose one favorite, but one of them is Toys

Anonymous said...

One of the kids favorites is Cars
elyaklang@hotmail.com

EDRing said...

My favorite children's movie is Disney's Dumbo. I've loved it since I was a little girl.

Ellen
eering99@hotmail.com

peg42 said...

The one movie that my kids watch over and over the most is Mosters Inc.
Thanks so much for this giveaway and please enter me.

peg42 said...

I'm a subscriber.
Thanks again.

Staci A said...

Right now, my son's favorite is Bolt. We also love all the Buddies movies.
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Staci A said...

I subscribe to both of your feeds.
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

magic5905 said...

Sleeping beauty has always been my favorite. Thanks.
magic5905@embarqmail.com

Tes283 said...

My favorite was Peter Pan. Actual is still Peter Pan. Faith, Trust, and Pixie dust.

Tes283 said...

Tweeter
http://twitter.com/TES283/status/1460410848

Rita M said...

My fave is The Little Mermaid.

Sheila Hickmon said...

Finding Nemo is a big one here, my daughter can watch that time and time again, and still be amused! hawkgirl_16 {at} hotmail {dot} com

jodi b said...

we are liking Finding Nemo now in our house with Mamma Mia coming in a close second....I know it is technically not a kid's movie, but my son loves it.

Shannon said...

Lion king.

Karly said...

My favorite children's movie is "Cars."

kr@roadrunner(dot)com

Rhonda Clemens said...

My family would love to WIN this! Please enter me & thanks for the great contest =)

clemensrhonda@hotmail.com

SomebodyFamousJr said...

Finding Nemo!

Anonymous said...

Ratatouille Hholds up after multiple viewings. I should know. LOL.

patricjames@hotmail.com

randycur0962 said...

My favorite is the Lion King.

jackie1501@frontiernet.net said...

my kids love the fox and the hound

Anonymous said...

that's a hard one because i like alot of them.

the apple dumpling gang, the shaggy dog, old yeller, escape to witch mountain and return to witch mountain, that darn cat, davy crockett, the love bug, bedknobs and broomsticks, mary poppins, song of the south,
pete's dragon, 20,000 leagues under the sea, million dollar duck, shaggy d.a., the black hole, tron, flight of the navigator, white fang, mighty ducks, cool runnings, the three musketeers with keifer sutherland, homeward bound, iron will, angels in the outfield, the santa clause, operation dumbo drop, a kid in king arthur's court, air bud,
the princess diaries, snow dogs, pirates of the caribbean, holes, national treasure, chronicles of narnia, eight below, the game plan and snow buddies.

plus all the cartoons, from steamboat willie to bolt. all the pixar movies too. from a toy story to wall-e.

thanks for the great giveaway and have a lovely day.

kelly jo
FJones@buckeye-express.com

pms3237 said...

Toy Story was a favorite here.

toughturtles said...

chitty chitty bang bang

Carol EL said...

ET gets played over and over at this housr. jelly15301@gmail.com

Carol EL said...

Musings subscriber thru Yahoo reader. jelly15301@gmail.com

Carol EL said...

Reviews subscriber by e-mail. jelly15301@gmail.com

carol said...

my favorite is little mermaid...would love to win this for my grandkids...thanks for the great giveaway

Bertie said...

Wow- there are SO many movies to choose from- my would probably have to be The Little Mermaid!

denyse said...

Ghitty Chitty Bang Bang is great.

Tara said...

My kids would love this movie!! One of my favorites as a child was Summer Magic!

Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com
www.weightingforperfection.blogspot.com

Tara said...

I am a subscriber as well via email

Thanks

Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com
www.weightingforperfection.blogspot.com

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Love Madagascar. Thanks for the opportunity.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I subscribe to your feed :)

janetfaye said...

I love Cinderalla.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I am subscribed to both of your feeds.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

allysona said...

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS FOR MY KIDS

Sunnyvale said...

Chitty, Chitty, Bang Bang

sweetsue said...

One of my favorites is Shrek-it always makes me laugh!
smchester at gmail dot com

jemscout425 said...

ours is kung fu panda
pksanddancer@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Shrek (all of them) is my family's fave. It's one movie we all love to watch together.

hebert024 at aol dot com

Fangirl Jen said...

I love Happy Feet. You can't beat dancing penguins for fun.

Linda said...

Our favorite children's movie is Shrek.

maweisberg said...

i want to win

Anonymous said...

We have always loved The Lion King!

silverbele said...

My favorite is Rattattoui

ehhogan said...

Lion king is a favorite

ehhogan@bellsouth.net

pam day said...

We lovwe Cinderella. vrday68@charter.net

jlafount said...

Shrek

Unknown said...

Flushed Away!

Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

Janna Johnson
janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Hard question!! I'll say Toy Story or Cars!

Cindy B.of Montana said...

I subscribe to Musings!

Cindy B.of Montana said...

I subscribe to Reviews!

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Tweeted!
http://twitter.com/sendtocindy/status/1467553713

Anonymous said...

This would be a great movie for the whole family to watch. My favorite children's movie is Disney's Cars.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm an e-mail subscriber.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

agordon10 said...

Barnyard.

Anonymous said...

bambi timgus at cox dot net

Anonymous said...

Shrek - because we can all watch it!

Tarah
tarah716[at]ymail.com

Anonymous said...

We love both the old version and the newer version of Parent Trap! Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

Claremont First Ward said...

My oldest daughters favorite movie of all time is Sleepless in Seattle. :)

lawyergirl said...

My favorite so far is wall-e, but as cute as this mouse is, if I win wall-e is probably going down

Selinda said...

The Neverending Story!

Thanks,

selinda_mccumbers at yahoo.com

Tamara B. said...

My children's favorite movie is Shrek they just love watching it.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

I am a subscriberg to your feeds for Chefdruck Musings and Chefdruck Reviews.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Annmarie Weeks said...

My favorite children's movie is Mary Poppins. I could watch it over & over. Mary Poppins herself is such a wonderful character...and Dick Van Dyke just steals the show. I love him as the chimney sweep. And the children's mom...what a great image of those very early suffrogettes!

Annmarie Weeks said...

I subscribe!

Vegaslily said...

Cinderella is my fav

Thanks for the giveaway

Unknown said...

I like Shrek.

Unknown said...

Subscribe to Musings.

Unknown said...

Subscribe to Reviews.

Nickolay said...

My favorite is " A Bugs Life"

jason@allworldautomotive.com

Jeff and Mandee said...

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the first one) is my favorite!

mandee220(at)aol(dot)com

Jeff and Mandee said...

I am a Musings subscriber.

mandee220(at)aol(dot)com

Jeff and Mandee said...

I am a Reviews subscriber as well :)

mandee220(at)aol(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I have always been addicted to the movie "Willy Wonka"(...and candy).
-Erin
egb923@aol.com

Amanda K said...

Cute Movie

yyeres said...

favorite is mary poppins. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Peter Pan! We all thought it might be possible to fly after that!

mogrill said...

We love Bolt!! Thanks for the chance.
mogrill@comcast.net

Dave said...

Only one? There are so many I love! I'm going to go with My Neighbor Totoro. Fantastic and beautiful animated family film. Thank you for the great give-away.

vboackle said...

we like madasgar 2.

Danielle said...

My favorite children's movie is The Secret of Nihm

Jacaclawless said...

All three of our kids still love Shrek!

Anonymous said...

Our kids love Wall-e

Sue said...

My kids love The Incredibles. Probably mostly because I like it too and don't get tired of them watching it. Thanks for sharing~

Becky said...

Our favorite is The Jungle Book. My kids loved it and my grandchildren love it as well.

dbkagrayson2002 at gmail dot com

bison61 said...

my grandkids love the Shrek movies

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

phxbne said...

Mulan is our current favorites

susan1215 said...

My kids like the Ice Age movies

twbellamy said...

Cars

TWBellamy@hotmail.com

Sue E said...

There are so many we enjoy, lately we have watched Finding Nemo several times. Thanks for the giveaway!

sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

Kristie said...

My daughter loves Monsters, Inc.! She wants to watch it every day! :-)

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Kristie said...

I'm a new subscriber to Musings and Reviews!

khmorgan_00 [at] yahoo [dot] com

jceko77 said...

My daughters fave movie at the moment is Bolt
jceko77@yahoo.com

jceko77 said...

I am a chefdruck musings subscriber
jceko77@yahoo.com

jceko77 said...

I am a Chefdruck reviews subscriber
jceko77@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Lion King is my favorite children's movie.
msurosey@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

The favorite here is The Secret Garden. Mjoymayo@aol.com

Amanda K said...

A Bug's Life.

Sarah H said...

Ratatoulie

Bob D. said...

Actually, the kids' favorite has always been "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". It's an old one but it stands up to time.

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

A bug's life

azrosebud said...

my favorite kid's movie is The Swiss Family Robingson!

Anonymous said...

wow

Princess Golden Hair said...

my favorite children's movie was cinderella. i loved the songs and i'm living the dream

teechbiz at gmail com

Heather B said...

both my son and daughter are very much into Star Wars clone wars atm, and they watch madagascar ALOT

msrodeobrat said...

the incredibles

Heather said...

Our favorite family movie is Toy Story!

Ken said...

My favorite kids film is also out on DVD this month, Pinocchio. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

Cheryl Lage said...

Ooooh, we're SOOO obsessed with Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium right now...and we LOVED the Despereaux book....throw us in the mix as entry 182! ;)

Unknown said...

Ahh I wanted to see this! Count me in!

Kristy Thiel said...

my favorite is The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Disney version!

What a wonderful contest - thanks for posting!

PsychMamma said...

Favorite kids' movie is Mary Poppins! My 3 y/o loves it too! Thanks for the chance to enter!

PsychMamma said...

Tweeted

http://twitter.com/PsychMamma/status/1506503508

PsychMamma said...

I subscribe to Musings...

PsychMamma said...

I subscribe to Reviews....

hawaiian1 said...

We still enjoy Mary Poppins together as a family.

FitsNGiggles said...

Wallace and Gromit

FitsNGiggles said...

I subscribe to Reviews and Musings mskabich(at)coynepr(dot)com

FitsNGiggles said...

And I tweeted @mommyblogger76

Trish said...

I (and the fam) loved WALLE

Trish said...

I just tweeted
@chefdruck

(I am @iamsucceeding)

mindy said...

cars thanks for the giveaway

AEKZ2 said...

I really like Meet the Robinsons. Thanks!

Christina said...

Christina - xristya@rock.com - My favorite is Mary Poppins, which they've been re-running on TV lately!

Island Girl Mainland Mama said...

We love movies and have weekly family movie nights...some of our all time favorites are Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, and Bolt.

correaohana at gmail dot com

Island Girl Mainland Mama said...

I'm subscribed to Chefdruck Reviews

Island Girl Mainland Mama said...

I'm subscribed to Chefdruck Musings

Unknown said...

i like sky high

Marianna said...

An old one but a good one - Disney's original Sleeping Beauty

reddon30 said...

My kids really like Monsters, Inc.

heaventrees said...

To be honest, it's old and not a Disney movie, but my favorite is The Wizard of Oz.

tesashel said...

Our fave is Shrek!

Unknown said...

We love The Toy Story and The Incredible the most.

Anonymous said...

Monsters vs Aliens

ky2here said...

Song of the South.

tlcfromtn said...

They just got the Bolt dvd so that is the current favorite. Thanks!

braaisjo at gmail dot com

Tiffany819 said...

We really like the Shrek movies. Thank you for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love cinderella. (click here for my email)--> s...@h...l.com

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 270   Newer› Newest»

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails