GIVEAWAY SATURDAY
*** and the winners are comments #41 and #61 - Sara from My Sippy Cup Runneth Over and Judy Brittle ****
When I was a child, I loved to play with my Barbies. I dressed them, and undressed them, and had them be really mean to GI Joe (although I did love to rub his curiously soft crew cut). I admired their seemingly perfect bodies, rubbing my hands over their hard and perky breasts, looking forward to the day when mine would turn in to those beauties.
I eventually recovered from my disappointment that I had not morphed into Barbie and became a mom. I was reluctant to give my daughter her own set of complexes so I held off on buying her Barbies. My mother had other ideas. She remembered how much I had enjoyed playing with them and sent her new Barbies every Christmas. Of course, Bella was drawn to them immediately and our house is filled with mermaid Barbies, rocker Barbies, and doctor Barbies. Her Barbies are strong, independent women who don't depend on GI Joe for fun. Barbie has evolved since I was a child, and so has Bella's play. Her Barbie role plays are full of the message that girls can be anything they want to be.
Today's giveaway is two new Barbie play sets to make your daughters and grand-daughters dream of future careers: Barbie TV Chef (24.99) and Barbie Zoo Doctor ($39.99). Both come with a large set of accessories for hours of creative play: delectable pastries and dishes for the TV Chef, and cute little exotic animals for the zoo. Either one of these sets will be a hit this Holiday Season.To enter to win, just leave a comment here with your favorite childhood toy by Saturday, December 13. I'll select two winner at random that night. As usual, you can get extra chances to win by linking to this contest on your blog, and subscribing to my feeds for Chefdruck Musings and Chefdruck Reviews.

82 comments:
am i the first?
wow
anyway.... i loved barbies when i was younger. always jealous that my friends had more than me. But sadly, i never worried about accessories... my barbies were always naked, with unusual haircuts, markered on makeup alterations, and the occasional case of chickenpox covered with bandaids :)
loved cabbage patch dolls too, but you couldn't do all those things to them!
i am a feed subscriber
mystery date ...loved it
Woo Hoo this would be an answer to prayers for three little girls to share! Great giveaway!
Subscriber! ;)
My favorite was a baby doll - even after she had long lost her hair, painted eyes, lips, etc.!
My favorite childhood toy was Lite Brite!
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
I subscribed to Chefdruck Reviews.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
I also subscribed to Chefdruck Musings.
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
I blogged here
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
I also subscribe to yourRSS feed.
My favorite childhood toy had to be my real life school desk at home- I LOVED to play school and teacher with my friends!!
i guess my favorite toy was my pony stick,me and my siblings rode many long hours on these...oh the wonder of those days gone by....
merry christmas and thank you!
oldplace.betty(at)gmail.com
i am a subscriber
oldplace.betty(at)gmail.com
Perky plastic breasts. You SLAY me! ;)
Great Barbie giveaway prizes!
I received a "Chatty Cathy" doll from my mom and dad one Christmas. I really didn't think I was going to get her as a gift! The memory of seeing her under the Christmas tree still makes me smile. Please enter me in your delightful giveaway prize drawing. Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
Hello, I am a subscriber to your sites. Again, thanks! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
I loved My little Ponies and of course Barbies.
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com
I am a subscriber
Tara
cloudspassby78 (at) yahoo (dot) com
favorite toy- hmm- do my dog and gerbils count- I had a tressy doll I played with and an elvis doll (the thin version). I just remeber when I had a barbie asking my mother why she had lumps but no privates...soooo long ago
subbed email
feed subscriber
I love my cabbage patch dolls
pinkellie2003@yahoo.com
I am a subscriber of yours! :)
Oh gosh, I really never had a childhood favorite toy. I lived on a farm sooooo there was always fun playing outside.
LOL, we use to sneak up behind the pigs and jump on them and try to ride them.
My favorite childhood toy was my easy bake oven!
I'm a subscriber via email
My favorite toy was my CHatty Cathy doll,an my barbies,I had one of the straight legged barbies,yeah,im old,lol,but I have a grandaughter that would love this
vlbelk(at)hotmail.com
I am a subscriber
vlbelk(at)hotmail.com
My favorite childhood toy was my big stuffed bear with his tongue sticking out. I thought he was huge back then.
My niece would love this Barbie set!
My favorite childhood toy was my dollhouse. My daughter is a hugh fan of barbie. Thanks!
I'm a subscriber
mikeandneens@yahoo.com
I was really into board games...I loved Battleship. Thanks
I loved Strawberry Shortcake dolls, and I coveted them soooo badly. I only had 3. Strawberry Shortcake, Huckleberry Pie, and Lemon Meringue.
One of my 4 daughters is a Barbie fanatic.
I subscribed to your review blog.
Thanks!
Corey
jcwaters2002@yahoo.com
I use to love my Snoopy SnoCone maker. Thanks for the chance, sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com.
My Favorite childhood toy was LightBrite. But I played with Barbies till I was 12 or 13..just loved em.
ddavidpatrick(at)gmail(dot)com
Im a subscriber as well. :)
ddavidpatrick(at)gmail(dot)com
Oh, we are lovers of Barbie here at this house!
My favorite child hood toy was the Rainbow Bright and Stawberry Shortcake dolls. I still have most of them and now my daughter plays with them.. but for some reason my Strawberry Shortcake dolls don't smell like strawberry..hmm. lol
Thanks for another great giveaway! I'll be blogging about this at Momma Findings later this week. So, expect me back here for that. :)
My favorite childhood toy..hmmm... I had several, but I would have to say it was my dolls. I loved dressing them up and making food for them out of clay.
I already subscribe to both feeds.
I was certainly a Barbie fan - when I was younger it was the 'little people'.
I am a subscriber
My favorite childhood toy was probably my bicycle. It gave me freedom and excercise, and I loved every minute I spent on it.
thanks for sharing
ceashark at aol dot com
carolyn s
I am a subscriber to both blogs
thanks for sharing
ceashark at aol dot com
carolyn s
I used to love my 'growing hair' Barbie
I subscribe to your feeds
My favorite toy when I was little was Mermaid Barbie, who came with twin baby mermaids. I was always playing with them. Thanks for the chance to enter!
I subscribe too! Thanks!
I played with My Little Ponies a lot and played dress up with my little brother....heehee!
mandee220(at)aol(dot)com
I am a subscriber to your feeds :)
mandee220(at)aol(dot)com
Mine was the little oven. I begged and begged for that little contraption. The first cake was awesome. The tragedy happened after I ran out of the cake mix that came with the toy. I did not know how to use regular cake mix in that oven. Thus ended the career of a promising young future pastry chef.
I am a subscriber.
I liked Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I had most of them. Purple Pie man (the villain) would kidnap Barbies in the parking garage (space under my bed). Ah the joys of being a city kid LOL.
I'm subbed
blogged here
My favorite was Barbie. That's all I ever played with when I was a child.
Thank you!
I'm subscribed to both feeds
My favorite childhood toy was the sit-n-spin...my mother would say that I'd sit there for hours, never getting dizzy, but never to walk away from the toy either...
Too funny what one recalects after so many year.
I am also subscribed!!!!
:)
-barbarabaker
I got a child's sewing machine for Christmas that I loved
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
Fond memories of my CABBAGE PATCH KID, "Andrew April"! ;)
The toy I remember most was my Kris Kringle stuffed dog...I called him Kris Krinkle! I still have him of course :) But he was my all time favorite.
I'd love to get one of my daughter this, thank you so much for the chance!
Krissy.Carr{at}gmail.coom
For me my favorite toy playing with growning up was Barbie. I had everyone and spent many hours playing with them. Thank-yo for the giveeway.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com
I loved my little ponies
not sure my comment was saved,my fav toy was the big tonka toys me and my brother played with,i was a tomboy.lol..
enter m eplease and merry christmas
oldplace.betty(at)gmail.com
subscriber also
oldplace.betty(at)gmail.com
My favorite toy was a Tiny Tears doll that wet and cried. This was something really new back then. It was also before Barbie Dolls came out. I remember the first Barbies. You had one doll. You bought the wardrobe and the accessories. Now you buy a new doll for each outfit. Interesting, but I am sure not as fun as putting everything together yourself. I would love to win one.
I also subscribe to both feeds.
very nice...I subscribe
Barbies were my favorite as well. My niece is into Barbies now, and would love these. Thanks for the giveaway.
Lisa
iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com
I so loved Boo Boo Bear, best stuffed animal ever! : )))
Thanks so much for this fabulous give~away! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
I love subscribing! :)))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
Wow...a flood of memories - I loved Barbies! My daughter would LOVE this!
ncpnkr@aol.com
I subscribe!! Wouldn't miss it...love your blog!
ncpnkr@aol.com
I loved my My Little Ponies!
mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com
My favourite toy was Care Bear Cousin who I called "Mr. Raccoon". I still have him too!
stacie_vaughan@hotmail.com
I'm a subscriber.
stacie_vaughan@hotmail.com
I loved Barbie! Of course we also had Gi Joe and Hotwheels!
We blogged:
http://www.lovingheartmommy.com/2008/12/weekend-giveaways.html
We are subscribers!
My favorite toy was probably my Cabbage Patch kid. It had Corn Silk hair which I would comb endlessly.
What is wrong with me? I seriously can´t remember a single toy from my childhood. I know I had toys, most of the ones mentioned but I have no memory of playing with them. I played outside with my brothers a lot, that´s what I remember. My girls play endlessly with Barbies and I´d love to give them these two new playsets.
laikilu@yahoo.com
my favorite toy was the Nosey Bear. Playskool made it and I have actually sent them an email and ask them to re-make them because I want my kids to have one! I loved them and had like 5 of them.
We sub to both your sites!
Post a Comment