
Every week, Parent Bloggers Network does a blog blast with a different theme. This weekend they partnered with Bill Me Later to do a blast on "Man Caves" - the place your man hides his stuff. As usual, I mulled over the prompt all weekend before finally sitting down to write my post tonight. As the weekend went on, I felt more and more guilty that my man has no cave.
Earlier this summer, I was thrilled to finally carve a little space for myself out of all the rooms filled with toys in our house. I have a desk in the corner of our family room and I have filled it with my dreams, my writing notebooks, and all the rest of my stuff. The children have learned to steer clear of my area because I guard it fiercely. I'd been waiting for so long, I felt like I finally had what I deserved.It wasn't until this weekend that I thought about Steve's space in our house, or rather, his lack of space. All he has is a little shelf next to the door of the garage along with a little space at the bottom of Jack's closet to store his old work documents. Our hardworking breadwinner is homeless in his home! At least he has his fun new car to hang out in.
To make matters worse from a guilt standpoint, Steve was an angel this weekend. He took the kids to the Bronx Zoo ALONE while I attended a great workshop given by the always fantastic Becky Rodskog and then bathed them alone so I could finish writing sixteen posts for the NJ Savvy Source blog that launches on Tuesday. He is always supportive of all I do - and I don't thank him enough. Guess it's time to start digging his man cave!

5 comments:
So funny! (and it sounds like you have a good man!)
Can the restroom qualify as a "man cave"? Seems to be the only place my dearest can get any privacy!
Sounds like you have a really nice husband. My husbands has turned about 1/4 of our house into his man cave. He is a total pack rat.
I have bestowed upon you two awards! Stop by my site and retrieve them!! ;)
http://pinkstinx.blogspot.com/
congrats on your win!
Too funny.
We actually have the boys sharing a room so that we can keep the extra bedroom an office, but my husband does a lot of work from home so that's kind of necessary.
The only problem is too few computers. Both of us escape through computer projects and my laptop just died after working it to the bone for 8 years.
We both fantasize about replacing our cramped desk with a long table, getting a second computer and bonding in our team office.
Post a Comment