Monday, August 11, 2008

Sittercity Membership Giveaway


**Random.org picked comment #9 - Karen is our winner **

6 Months Free of Sittercity Membership!



To be entered to win, go to Sittercity and find out how many sitters live near your zipcode. Then leave me a comment with that number and your email address or a link to your blog which has your email. For an extra chance to win, you can subscribe to my feed or link to this contest in your blog. I will pick the lucky winner on Friday, 8/22.

In addition to our giveaway prize, Sittercity has also given a special 10% discount off memberships for all my readers. Just use the promo code Sitter10 to get the 10% off.

As I mentioned last week, I'm in full gearing up for fall mode. It may seem premature as we're not even at August 15, but it's going to help me enjoy the rest of my summer without stress, knowing I'm all set for September 3. Last week I spent some time updating the calendars and picking out activities for the kids. Now it's time for the next step - Babysitter coverage.

I pride myself on being a pretty great babysitter finder. My children love our sitters. Jack proposed to one in May (he's four - we're very proud). He thought he had found the perfect solution to her never leaving us; he had even thought out the sleeping arrangements and offered her our guest room. I've learned over time that everyone likes different types of sitters. Some people prefer more mature sitters who might be willing to do some housework while others prefer younger mother's helper types. Our ideal sitter is a college-age woman who loves to play, do art, and read lots and lots of children's books.

Many of my friends are amazed that we can go out most Saturday nights. They're often struggling with finding babysitters, and they always ask me where I find mine. When we first moved to New Jersey, I had a disastrous experience with an agency I used that highly recommended a woman who ended up using our phone to call 1-900 numbers. When I called them to complain, they tried telling me that it was a mix-up at the phone company. Ever since then, I've found my own babysitters through Sittercity. I place an ad, applicants email me and I select some to interview. I then do my own reference checks, and find my sitters. My biggest issue is always choosing between so many great candidates. I am downright freakish in how enthusiastically I recommend the site.

The site is well designed with a four-step screening process and sitter profiles featuring background checks, parent reviews, references, distance from you, availability, photos, certifications and more. All sitters are 17 or older with a wide range of skills and specialties -- the options are more varied than your child's excuses for avoiding bedtime.

And if you haven't done so already, there's still time to enter my Little Einsteins DVD giveaway!


29 comments:

jodi b said...

I can't believe that there are 953 sitters in my area. what a great service! Thanks for turning me on to this and your great blog!

Lisa said...

There are only 78 in my area, which was higher than I thought it would be. And I think I have used one of the girls on there!
DH is supposed to return next month. Would be nice to implament a 'date night' once a month.
Twistednoodles at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that there are 227 sitters around here. WOW! think any would watch all 6 of my kids???? LOL

Lynette {Radio} said...

You can tell I live in the sticks of NJ... only 54 sitters near me! I was just talking to my husband yesterday about getting a mother's helper so I can get some work done but I have never had a sitter before and have no idea how to get one!! This would be perfect!!

happyathome said...

Very surprised how many were in my area, over 1000! Of course, the radius was a little high but that is o.k., good to know!

Vicki said...

OOOOOOOOOh so need this! And this service is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

21,984 in New York 10038 zip

Vicki Bodwell
www.warmbiscuit.com

Rockin' Mama said...

Wow....there are 7,275 in my area....maybe my husband and I can actually go out for a date night!

jasonncaryn at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Wow! 2,049 in my area is amazing! My hubby and I may get to go out alone more often now! Email: jennae(at)greenyourdecor(dot)com

Karen said...

Well, there are 8651 in my area. Jeez, where to begin? How to sort through. Crazy. But crazy in a good way! Movie night here I come!

kesamuels@sbcglobal.net

Marketing Mommy said...

There are an astonishing 1026 within 5 miles of my zip code!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

No way! 9244 sitters were found for my zip code. Who knew! If I win, I'm definitely contacting some of them esp since my husband and I are finally starting to go out on dates now that our youngest is 2. Sad, I know! Thanks for the giveaway!

Tricia Ballad said...

We have 367 sitters in our area - we're lucky though, there are two universities in town, and one of them specializes in teacher training, so lots of Early Childhood Ed majors!

Unknown said...

There are 118 sitters in my area. I thought there would be more living in a big college town but that is more than enough to choose from, woo hoo momma is gonna get a night out soon!

tpatton5 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I added you to my contest post and subscribed to your feed to get my extra entry, I am already planning my nights out LOL. Here is the link to my post:

http://www.juststopscreaming.com/2008/08/giveaways-around-blogasphere.html

Simply AnonyMom said...

55 within 5 miles and 297 within 10 miles. WOW! That is awesome.

Suzi said...

1,122...wow! And whoa do I need to find a good sitter!
thanks!
suzi (dot) istvan (at) gmail.com

Unknown said...

There are 94 sitters within 5 miles of me!


wiredalive at hotmail dot com


You have no idea how badly I could use this. lol

Anonymous said...

There are 145 sitters in my area. I would be nice to finally be able to sit through a movie.
liandxp@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

103 within 5 miles of my zip code. I'd love to win, I could so use this!

ntalanATgmailDOTcom

Miss Notesy said...

1,195

That's NUTS!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Wow! There are 5,922 in my area!!
What a great giveaway!
heidizawisza@windstream.net

Heidi Zawisza said...

I just blogged about this on my blog, and linked to your blog for the extra entry!!

~Ashley~ said...

I blogged about this on my blog Our Hot Summer Days . I also linked back to your blog and the sitter site.
Thanks

Brooke said...

Holy Moly - 22,316!!!!

Kimberly Lander Photography said...

Only 689 in my area, but it only takes one to watch my little guy! Been thinking about joining so this would be a great prize.

Great blog!

kimberly_lander@hotmail.com

kamewh said...

There are 40 in my area :)

tiarastantrums said...

Is this for real??
15,585! No Way is this possible!
Where are they all when I really need one?
tiarastantrums@gmail.com

/\Heather/\ said...

1,934. I did some additional search options (non-smoker, has own car, 20 mile max distance) and still had 545 to choose from. I even found one who majored in musical theater, so I just know she and my daughter would sing all night. haha.

Finamoon said...

901 Sitters Found in my area.

websurfergirl19 AT hotmail DOT com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails