Monday, February 07, 2011

Easing the Pain of Monday with a Go Go Squeez Giveaway

Monday mornings are tough. When the alarm rings, putting an end to the freedom of the weekend, the return to routine is pure pain, for both parents and kids. Mondays are the days when I feel least inspired to fill the kids' lunchboxes. To ease the pain this snowy Monday, I'm hosting a giveaway of my favorite healthy snack to slip into the kids' lunches and beat the Monday blues: Go Go Squeez apple sauces.
Go Go Squeez are a line of apple sauces made by a French company called Materne that come in convenient squeezable pouches. No need for spoons, bowls, or napkins. Just squeeze into mouth and go. I can tell you that some supervision is necessary with the younger set as four-year olds find it incredibly fun to make mounds of apple sauce on the table. So much fun that they can go through a half a dozen pouches before you notice the quiet giggles in the kitchen and step in to clean up the mess.
The convenience of the packaging is only a small part of why I'm such a fan of these apple sauces. The ingredients are the real reason to get excited. There are no preservatives or added sugars. The ingredient list on the apple sauce label is short: apples, apple juice, that's it. The sweetness comes from the apples themselves, grown in France in the Val de Loire, near the beautiful Chateau de Chambord. Each pouch contains the equivalent of eating one apple.

Go Go Squeez apple sauces are available in Apple, Apple Banana, Apple Strawberry, Apple Peach and AppleCinnamon flavors. I find them at Whole Foods, Amazon and at my neighborhood supermarket. The winner of this giveaway (US Residents only please), will receive a case of Go Go Squeez in every flavor, enough to stuff your children's lunchboxes through the winter to be sure, or jazz up their snacktime. I received the same case as a thank you for hosting this review.

And I'm not alone in raving about these fun little good for you apple sauces. Go Go Squeez were just named one of the 25 best snacks in the February issue of Parents Magazine.


GIVEAWAY DETAILS
You can win a case of Go Go Squeez apple sauces to try out all their flavors. To enter to win, please leave me a comment about your favorite treat to surprise your kids in their lunchboxes. I'll select the winner at random after midnight on Monday, February 21. Contest limited to US residents only.

And there's many ways to earn additional chances to win, just make sure to return here to leave comments for each additional entry. You can:
    • Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter
    • Tweet about this contest using either this tweet, "Win a case of Go Go Squeez apple sauce from @FrenchFoodieMom." or another tweet of your choosing.
    • Like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page
    • Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
    • Post about this contest on your blog.
    • Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings.
    • Tweet about this contest on multiple days, and you'll get multiple entries. Just don't forget to leave me a comment each time you perform an entry action so that you get credit.

38 comments:

Ilina said...

This is my go-to snack to pack for car trips and plane rides. At least I know the kids get something healthy and not just the regular easy-to-pack carbs. I freeze them before packing them into my carry on bag. Another lunch box treat is a simple note from me written on their napkin.

Ilina said...

This is my go-to snack to pack for car trips and plane rides. At least I know the kids get something healthy and not just the regular easy-to-pack carbs. I freeze them before packing them into my carry on bag. Another lunch box treat is a simple note from me written on their napkin.

Jude said...

My only concern here is the effect of the packaging on the environment. It is plastic isn't it? Is it, by any chance, recyclable?

Megryansmom said...

We're not packing kiddie lunches anymore/yet, but when I pack hubbies lunch I like to slip a little love note inside ;) and the grands really love these GoGo's, they're nice to toss in your purse or diaper bag for a treat on the go. Ahh, pardon my pun.

megryansmom@sbcglobal.net

Garima said...

Though I dont pack V's lunches yet... The surprise I do give her during meal times at home is Strawberry dipped in chocolate or sometimes, a little dash of carrots with her favorite dip!

Wendy said...

I like to surprise my kids with something cute -- sandwiches cut with Star Wars cutters, a smiley face drawn on a hard-boiled egg with food markers.

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

Sometimes I write a short note for my daughter. She gets a thrill out of reading it herself.

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I follow you on twitter; I'm @racheltayse.

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I subscribe to Chef Druck with RSS.

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I like you on facebook!

SelimaCat said...

Lately, my girl has been wanting string cheese-wrapped-in-salami with a side of pickles. Huh.

nightowl said...

Pudding is what they like.
winit6 at hotmail dot com

nightowl said...

I Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter.
@winsome6

nightowl said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/#!/winsome6/status/35427535189712896

winit6 at hotmail dot com

nightowl said...

I Like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page.
Kimberly B.
winit6 at hotmail dot com

nightowl said...

I Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings.
winit6 at hotmail dot com

bison61 said...

chocolate pudding would be their favorite

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

thediaperdiaries said...

I found these at Costco awhile back and absolutely love them. My other favorite thing to pack in lunch boxes is some sort of sweet treat. My kids don't get a ton of sweets so a mini candybar here and there is really fun.

thediaperdiaries said...

Follow you on Twitter

thediaperdiaries said...

Tweeted!!

thediaperdiaries said...

"Like" you on FB!!

thediaperdiaries said...

Subscribe via RSS

sal-sal said...

Favorite surprise snack for my 5 yr old is what he calls "mommy yogurt"...plain yogurt with honey and cinnamon mixed in. So simple but his hands down first choice.

jenv said...

My favorite surprise treat in my son's lunch is a few Hersey Kisses or a frozen "squish yogurt" (a Simply GoGurt.) Thanks! jenalber @ hotmail dot com

jenv said...

I follow you on Twitter (@jenalber). jenalber @ hotmail dot com

jenv said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/jenalber/status/38070534310866944. jenalber @ hotmail dot com

jenv said...

I like you on FB. jenalber @ hotmail dot com

jenv said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings. jenalber @ hotmail dot com

Tylerpants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tylerpants said...

I don't pack lunches for my son yet but his favorite treat that he gets when he finishes all his lunch are chocolate-covered pretzels. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

Likes the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page (Lisa L). tylerpants(at)gmail.com

Tylerpants said...

Subscribes to Chefdruck Musings. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

trixx said...

I like to sometimes add Oreos to my daughter's lunchbox..not the healthiest but it's a nice once-in-awhile treat!

trixx said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings

Staci A said...

My son loves to find fruit and cereal bars in his lunch.
mommastaci33 at yahoo dot com

Staci A said...

I follow you on Twitter @MommaStaciA.
mommastaci33 at yahoo dot com

Staci A said...

I liked your site on FB.
mommastaci33 at yahoo dot com

Staci A said...

And I subscribe. Thanks!
mommastaci33 at yahoo dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails