I loved how much of the story is narrated by a Life Magazine photographer named Claire Shipley. Her shoots, complete with fascinating details about her equipment and angle choices, communicate the pulse of New York, the anxiety about the imminent attack from the Nazis, and the strain of rationing and war.
I have one copy of a Fierce Radiance to give away to one of my readers. I think you're going to love it. To enter to win, please leave me a comment about what's on your summer reading list before Friday, July 16. I'll select the winner at random that night.
For additional chances to win, you can:
- Follow @Chefdruck on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest, using this ready made tweet, "Never run out of power again! Enter @chefdruck's iGo Anywhere Charger giveaway: http://bit.ly/cfY7xe" or one of your own choosing.
- Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
- Post about this contest on your blog.
- Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings and/or Chefdruck Reviews.
- Tweet about this contest on multiple days, and you'll get multiple entries. Just don't forget to leave me a comment each time you perform an entry action so that you get credit.

26 comments:
The Dragon Factory is on my TBR list... along with Private whenever it gets here!
rss subscriber Chefdruck Musings
rss subscriber Chefdruck Reviews.
Recently I have been reading Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series. Since I love to knit they read quickly. Fan of all books that take place during WWII, so this look great. Thanks for the opportunity.
Follow you on Twitter @TheAngelForever
Tweet Tweet: http://twitter.com/TheAngelForever/status/17888809035
My summer reading list has The Rembrandt Affair, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, and The Rule of Nine (to name a few!)
wolfcarol451(at)gmail(dot)com
I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings RSS.
wolfcarol451(at)gmail(dot)com
two books I plan on reading this summer are Lost Dog and The Outer Banks
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
Any of the books by Ann Rule.
I Follow @Chefdruck on Twitter. @winsome6
I Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings.
I'm reading "The Secret Speech" right now. Next is "The Road to Serfdom" and "Sacred Fire". And I definitely want to read "The Hunger Games"!
following you on twitter (someluckydog)
I tweeted...but am wondering if that is the correct tweet for this giveaway???
http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/18338253005
posted on my facebook (Cindy Brooks)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SomeLuckyDog?v=wall&story_fbid=112237098825049&ref=mf
Musings and Reviews e-mail subscriber
posted on my blog
http://someluckydog.blogspot.com/2010/07/book-giveaway-fierce-radiance-at.html
I'm reading Detectives Don't Wear Seat Belts by CiCi McNair now. Next is Exit Music by Ian Rankin and after that Sleep No More by Susan Crandall.
mittens0831 at aol dot com
I follow twitter-CarolAnnM
mittens0831 at aol dot com
I Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings
tweet
http://twitter.com/CarolAnnM/status/18395330621
This doesn't seem like the right tweet to me.
mittens0831 at aol dot com
The particular sadness of lemon cake is next on my list.
twoofakind12@yahoo.com
I love historical fiction, romance, and anything about photography, so this sounds like a perfect fit for a summer read. One book on my list is The War Lovers' by Evan Thomas.
thank you for hosting this giveaway.
terrymac1a at hotmail dot com
I posted a comment with a link to your blog on my FB page. (as Terry McPherson)
terrymac1a at hotmail dot com
I am newly subscribed to your blog, Chefdruck Musings
Looks like a terrific blog, glad I found you.
terrymac1a at hotmail dot com
Post a Comment