I really need to get my act together and start sending out my holiday cards! All signs point to the fact that I'm running out of time. The hundreds of emails from desperate retailers are counting down the days left to ship gifts in time for Christmas (need to get my act together about that too). My mailbox is beginning to be filled with friends' holiday cards. And ... the Parent Bloggers Network has partnered with Big Tent this weekend to do a blog blast about New Year's Resolutions. I'm most definitely running out of time. But I think I'll procrastinate a little by getting in some early thinking about New Year's Resolutions. After all, what's another day?
So what do I want to do in 2009 to get my life in order?
1) For starters, I need to get more organized about my blogging so that I stop writing my posts at 11PM ... like tonight. It would be nice to get a system together to plan ahead - one that I actually keep to for longer than a week or two. I'm thinking editorial themes that I could carry across my blogs... and be more productive with my time.
2) Second, I need to make time for fiction writing. Before I committed to so many sites, I used to write some fiction pieces every week. I loved tapping into my subconscious and meeting all sorts of wacky characters. I have to get back in there!
3) Third, time to keep on ticking things off that "I've never" list by running a 10K. It's time to Just Do It.
4) When January rolls around, I'm sure I'll have many more to add to this list, but for now, I'll close with keeping the car clean so that I stop worrying that kids won't want to come home with us for playdates because of the smell.
4 comments:
We got our first holiday card today, and have yet to send ours out. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was sending cards this year. (Aside from the family we recieved ours from of course.)
Time management is a big one. I feel like it's always slipping through my fingers. Writing lists at least helps you see what you actually have accomplished.
Your list looks like MY list, hun!
I got 5, count that, FIVE Holiday cards yesterday and I haven't even thought about sending mine yet.
Another blogger friend and me are planning to complete the St. Jude half marathon next December which means I need to get those 10K's under my belt as well.
WRITING! I need to schedule and balance myself a lot better to make time for blog commitments and fiction writing JUST LIKE YOU.
How are we so similar? A Jersey Girl and a TN girl? lol
We'll get it together and us bloggers ALWAYS seem to pull it off. :)
I'm sure it must take some real time and thought to put together your posts. They aren't just random ramblings like mine! LOL!
You really do a wonderful job with writing your blog.
I hope you're able to accomplish all that you want in the coming year. :)
I have been blogging late in to the night as well. I am a nightowl and "think" I write better at night...well, really I am just a procrastinator at heart!
Post a Comment