
Now that Bella is in school all day, Jack and I have some special quality time every afternoon while Juliette naps. One of our favorite things to do is to play Club Penguin, especially when they load up a new mission for secret agents, once a month or so. Although Bella is more partial to WebKinz and always trying out new sites like Neopets and Bella Sara, Jack and I have not been swayed yet. I love that it promotes resourcefulness and fun and he loves the penguins, the puffles, the visiting pirate, and the adventures. Club Penguin isn't all about buying stuff and making money like WebKinz.

Last Friday, we sat down to tackle the latest mission - Mission # 8 the case of the Mysterious Tremors. The missions are very clever. They're full of secret messages in Club Penguin code, puzzles that have to be solved to move ahead, and special items that need to be picked up along the way to solve the mission. We worked and worked at it, but just couldn't figure out how to get the little puffle to retrieve the ripped map from the roof of the nightclub. We fed him cookies, tried to blow him up with helium, gave him balloons - but he just couldn't get high enough. We were stuck.
So I took a little shortcut. Yes. I cheated. With the help of google, I found a YouTube video made by some little kid who completed the mission. We watched up until we found the special hat we needed to get our puffle to get really high and Jack sailed through the rest of the mission to earn his medal. All before Bella got home on the bus! I felt a little bad - but I was desperate! And weren't we just being resourceful - just outside of Club Penguin?
This weekend Parent Bloggers Network is partnering with Ore-Ida to promote Steam 'n Mash Potatoes via a blog blast. The theme is shortcuts - tell us about a time you took a shortcut that got you just where you wanted to be.
1 comments:
Don't you just love google. I am glad you are having some quality time with Jack.
Post a Comment