![]() |
| Pumpkin soup with brown butter drizzle would be even better with crackers |
You can really taste that over a century of tradition goes into making these crackers. They are still manufactured in Rutland, Vermont with the same 7 all-natural ingredients as in the beginning. Thousands of restaurants across the US serve them with their bowls of soups and you can also buy them for your home at many local supermarkets. Overnight, thanks to Westminster Crackers, we became oyster cracker snobs and added the crackers to our weekly Whole Foods shopping list.
![]() |
| Picture Courtesy of Sur La Table |
- Samples of Westminster Crackers (oyster, rounds and squares)
- This Set of 4 soup crocks from Sur La Table
- This Ladle from Sur La Table
- These Soup Socks from Sur La Table
To enter to win, please leave me a comment about your favorite soup to make or eat. Feel free to share links or recipes as well! I'll select the winner at random after midnight on Sunday, April 10. Contest limited to US residents only.
And there's many ways to earn additional chances to win, just make sure to return here to leave comments for each additional entry. You can:
- Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest.
- Like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page
- Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
- Post about this contest on your blog.
- Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings.
- Tweet about this contest on multiple days, and you'll get multiple entries. Just don't forget to leave me a comment each time you perform an entry action so that you get credit.



57 comments:
Beef Pho- I make my broth extra spicy - YUM!
I love to make Manhattan Clam Chowder in the crock pot. Thanks!
jackievillano at gmail dot com
I like leek and potato soup.
twoofakind12@yahoo.com
I am a email subscriber.
twoofakind12@yahoo.com
Mmm... I love a great soup.
My favourite is a mushroom potato soup with the kick of green chillies!
vindee@airtelmail.in
Liked you on FB.
Following you on twitter too... am in love with those bowls!
I had clam chowder last week that just blew me away! Yum.
I love soups of all kinds! Unfortunately my husband is not so much of a soup lover so we have to compromise on stews a lot.
I like to make minestrone soup.
winit6 at hotmail dot com
I Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter
@winsome6
winit6 at hotmail dot com
I Like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page
I Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings.
winit6 at hotmail dot com
tweeted
http://twitter.com/#!/winsome6/status/53348897363464192
winit6 at hotmail dot com
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
i like frencg onion soup
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
twitter-gabbylowe
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
fan on face book
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
fb fan-laura deluca
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
subscribe
I like beef barley soup
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
My fave soup is this recipe. LOVE making it!
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=728242
mariadelgado.freebies@yahoo.com
*Maria*
i follow on twitter
@mariakins
mariadelgado.freebies@yahoo.com
*Maria*
re-tweeted
http://twitter.com/FrenchFoodieMom/status/54206974098804736
mariadelgado.freebies@yahoo.com
*Maria*
posted on FB
http://www.facebook.com/MariaDelgado32302/posts/10150478376380262
mariadelgado.freebies@yahoo.com
*Maria*
blogged
http://mariasgiveawaylistings.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaways-ending-in-april.html
mariadelgado.freebies@yahoo.com
*Maria*
True story: I grew up just outside of Rutland and this used to be one of our field trips when I was in elementary school. The other big one was to a plant that made parts for maple sugaring. It drives my husband crazy because I have to tell him this every single time we get Westminster Crackers.
Our favourite soup to make is affectionally known as garbage soup. We toss in whatever beans we have, a couple tins of tomatoes, seasonings are at the whim of the chef, and vegetable broth. Never comes out the same twice.
hello AT shesnotbrokenDOTcom
I get ur feed
mariadelgado.freebies@yahoo.com
*Maria*
I love making Corn Chowder for my family & friends.
I had a hot red crush on a new friend back in 1997, and I created this soup to celebrate her. She's just as sharp & lovely; I'm a bit less purple in my prose ;-)
This soup reminds me of Miss X because it is warm, golden, and curvy, and the butternut color of the soup is reminiscent of her golden-red hair, and the roasted Gruyere on the croutons is smokey and sharp like her wit, and the sage and thyme are fragrant and earthy and exotic, like she is.
1/2 stick good butter
1 large white onion, chopped fine
3-9 cloves of good garlic, chopped fine
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced (4-6 cups)
1 small acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and diced (3-5 cups)
2 tablespoons of fresh thyme or mother-of-thyme, stripped from stems
2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped fine
6-12 cups of good chicken stock (3-6 cans of broth work fine)
1 teaspoon or so of sugar
1/4 to 1/2 cup good heavy whipping cream
A good teaspoon or two of sea salt, to taste
A teaspoon or so of freshly ground pepper
A good baguette
Some good gruyere
The herbs left over from soup-making
Fry the onion and garlic in butter over medium low heat in a heavy large enameled pot until soft, but not brown. Add the diced winter squash, -one- tablespoon or so of each of the herbs, and the chicken broth to the pot.
Simmer until the squash is tender. The kitchen smells delicious now, hm?
Cool the soup slightly, and then puree in a blender or food processor in batches. Put back into the pot and warm the soup, adding the teaspoon of sugar, the cream, and the salt and pepper to taste.
Now, take a good baguette and slice 3 slices per person. Butter one side of each slice, and broil butter-side-up for a few minutes, until toasty and golden. Flip the slices over, and sprinkle thickly with freshly-grated Gruyere cheese, and a pinch of the remaining thyme-sage mixture. Broil until bubbling and just golden. Serve with the soup, immediately.
I do & did like the Chefdruck Musings Fan page :-)
..and I've subscribed to the Chefdruck Musings. That's three chances, and 3 is my favorite number, so now it's all about crossing fingers, toes, and eyes and hoping for the best. Thanks for the fun!
Today for lunch I made tomato soup with tiny pesto chicken meatballs- a big hit!
Love making Barefoot Contessa's Gazpacho (great cold soup for summer) AND your Roasted Vegetable Soup (great warm soup for cold winter night) !!
My favorite soup - my friend LeAnn's Cheeseburger Soup Ole' recipe.
susitravl(at)gmail(dot)com
Like you on FB (SusanB)
susitravl(at)gmail(dot)com
I love to make Hamburger soup. I is like a Minestrone with potatoes instead of pasta...
kissyjensen at gmail dot com
I love making fresh Vegetable Beef soup (and some crusty bread to go with it!)
someluckydog at gmail dot com
following you on twittr (someluckydog)
someluckydog at gmail dot com
I like you on the Chefdruck Musings fan page (Cindy Brooks)
someluckydog at gmail dot com
posted this giveaway on facebook (Cindy Brooks)
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/SomeLuckyDog/posts/157340607660401
someluckydog at gmail dot com
e-mail subscriber
someluckydog at gmail dot com
tweet
http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/55087508849049601
someluckydog at gmail dot com
My favorite soup to make corn chowder with bacon. Yum!! Thanks! jenalber@hotmail.com
I follow you on Twitter (@jenalber). jenalber@hotmail.com
04-05 tweet
http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/55486940513972225
someluckydog at gmail dot com
04-06 tweet
http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/55853865534369792
someluckydog at gmail dot com
04-07 tweet
http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/56206812097159168
someluckydog at gmail dot com
tweeted
http://twitter.com/#!/winsome6/status/56625114430717952
winit6 at hotmail dot com
04-09 tweet
http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/56942539034476544
someluckydog at gmail dot com
i love french onion soup
purple_lover_04 at msn dot com
im following u @purplelover04
purple_lover_04 at msn dot com
i tweeted http://twitter.com/#!/purplelover04/status/57214623308451841
Like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page erica best
http://twitter.com/#!/purplelover04/status/57214917471764480
White Chicken Chilli with Pesto Soup is my favorite to make and to eat.
blondie_31971(at)yahoo(dot)com
Post a Comment