Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Win a Foodie Weekend Getaway in Grand Rapids, Michigan

And the winner is.... Comment #31, Milcah! She was selected using random.org. Thank you all for entering. Congrats Milcah! This will be a welcome break for this stay at home mom of 4!****
A few weeks ago, I was a guest of the Grand Rapids, Michigan Tourism Board along with my family for the weekend. We drove along the coast of Lake Michigan for two hours until we reached Grand Rapids, a clean city near beautiful beaches with a surprising amount of cultural and culinary activity for the entire family.

You may be surprised to think of Grand Rapids as a foodie destination, but there's plenty of restaurants to keep your taste buds engaged. I enjoyed some really exciting tapas at Sans Chez restaurant on Saturday night. The presence of world-class restaurants in Grand Rapids is clearly related to the fact that the International Culinary School at the Art Institute in Michigan is located there.

But there's more to do in Grand Rapids than just eat well. We were blown away by the beautiful artwork in the outdoor sculpture park of the Frederik Meijer Gardens, including works by Auguste Rodin and Juan Munoz. I love to expose the kids to art in such a relaxing and wild setting.

I almost feel silly saying this, but we were so impressed by the Grand Rapids Children's Museum. I normally am yawning within seconds of stepping into a children's museum with their thick cloud of germs and their tattered toys. But this children's museum was definitely the exception to the rule. Its design was light and airy with huge windows, and the exhibits were fun for the whole family. The bubble station and the working bee hive were particularly memorable.

GIVEAWAY DETAILS:
But don't just take my word for it, experience Grand Rapids for yourself thanks to this generous giveaway from the Experience Grand Rapids tourism board. One lucky reader will receive a foodie weekend package including:
To enter to win, please leave me a comment about whether you've ever been to Grand Rapids and why you'd like to go. I'll select the winner at random after midnight on Monday, December 20.

And there's many ways to earn additional chances to win, just make sure to return here to leave comments for each additional entry. You can:
    • Follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter
    • Tweet about this contest using either this tweet, "Win a foodie weekend getaway to Grand Rapids from @FrenchFoodieMom www.chefdruck.com"
    • Like the Experience Grand Rapids Fan Page
    • Like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page
    • Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
    • Post about this contest on your blog.
    • Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings.
    • Tweet about this contest on multiple days, and you'll get multiple entries. Just don't forget to leave me a comment each time you perform an entry action so that you get credit.

37 comments:

Lynn BB said...

I grew up in South Haven and would love an excuse to get back and visit the area. Going to Grand Rapids was a trip to the "big city" when I was growing up!

Janine at Rustic Kitchen said...

Hurray for Michigan! I'm a Michigan native and one of my favorite uncles hailed from Grand Rapids. It's a lovely part of a beautiful state.

Beth said...

I started following your blog recently after seeing a delicious recipe for tomato soup on twitter. Btw, the soup was amazing! I visited Michigan once-- actually, I sat in the Detroit airport waiting for a connecting flight to Toledo. I live down South, so I don't get to experience the weather or the lifestyle of that particular area of the country. It would be a great chance to try new food, see a new landscape and snap some great photos along the way. Thanks for hosting the giveaway, and thanks for the great content!

Garima said...

Hi, I have never been to Grand Rapids...its one of those places, where I am like.. its so close by, I will go over sometime soon. But it just does not happen.
I'd like to go mainly to experience the wonders of a new place.... :-D And also... finally the visit the place, which is just next door :-D

Grocery Alerts Canada said...

I would love to go - I am from Ontario and I love to shop and eat!

Grocery Alerts Canada said...

I follow @Frenchfoodiemom on Twitter

Grocery Alerts Canada said...

I Like the Experience Grand Rapids Fan Page

Grocery Alerts Canada said...

I Like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page

nightowl said...

I've never been to Grand Rapids, but would love to visit because it sounds ike a fun place for the whole famiily.

winit6 at hotmail dot com

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I've only been to Grand Rapids Ohio, which is a much smaller town. I would love to take my family to the museums and eateries of Grand Rapids Michigan!

Rachel said...

I follow you on twitter (I'm @racheltayse)

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I'm a fan of your new facebook page - congrats!

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck.

(And I miss you!!)

Mardi Michels said...

I follow you on Twitter!

Mardi Michels said...

I tweeted!

Mardi Michels said...

I subscribe to your blog in my RSS reader!

Mardi Michels said...

I tweeted again today!

debbie said...

I haven't been there in a couple of years. My sister went to grand valley. I would love to go back there.
twoofakind12@yahoo.com

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I have NEVER been to GR and have only been in the state of Michigan one time in my life. I want to win because I know some GREAT bloggers there I would like to visit as well as see more of the state!

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I follow @frenchfoodiemom on twitter!

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I Like Experience Grand Rapids on FB.

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings - OF COURSE! Who doesn't?

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I tweeted.

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I Facebooked about it.

Amanda said...

I went to school in East Lansing and stayed in GR once with a college friend's mom. I was born and raised in the Upper Penninsula of MI and have a place near and dear in my heart for my home state! I would love to visit with my husband and kids to see all Grand Rapids has to offer these days!

Amanda said...

I follow @frenchfoodiemom on Twitter!

Amanda said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings!

Amanda said...

I liked the "Experience Grand Rapids Fan Page"

Amanda said...

I like the Chefdruck Musings Fan Page!

Amanda said...

Tweeted about contest! 12/16/10 at 9:48pm

Unknown said...

I've never been and you convinced me with the children's museum that i'd like to check this place out. I love spending time with my family and want to leave these kinds of memories with my kids.

Unknown said...

Following you on Twitter

Unknown said...

T-Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/#!/mommasreviews/status/16020793376907264

Unknown said...

Liked Experience Grand Rapids on Facebook

Unknown said...

Liked Chefdruck Musings Fan Page

Unknown said...

Subscribed to you via RSS

Heather said...

As a life-long resident of Grand Rapids, I am so pleased to see you offering this trip to your readers! I can't say enough good things about San Chez! I had my birthday dinner there recently and loved every bite. Thanks for giving us a shout out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails