Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tassimo Brings the Coffeeshop to our Home

I'm fairly addicted to coffee drinks nowadays. I like them sweet and milky, like ice cream, but with a strong aroma of good coffee. There's nothing like the moment when the barista hands me that hot fragrant cup, makes the effort of driving to the coffee shop well worth the trip.

This week, I received the greatest appliance to review: a Bosch Tassimo Personal Coffeemaker. Every morning, I enjoyed coffeeshop quality coffee, right at home, without having to get out of my pajamas. I couldn't believe how easy the Tassimo was to operate. Before running it the first time, I ran it with just water five times to cleanse it. Then I simply inserted this little disc filled with ground coffee and pressed start. The machine came to life, sputtering and emitting the delicious smell of coffee. I made plain coffee, cafe au lait, and iced coffee, and was thrilled with the distinct and bold coffee I was able to enjoy at home.

The Tassimo has actually been a huge hit with the entire family. Every morning we're all clustered around it, and the kids are fighting to be allowed to press the button. The kids love the hot chocolate which is available from two French manufacturers, Suchard and Milka. Ironically, the kids prefer the darker tasting Suchard while I prefer the more milk chocolate flavored Milka. My husband drinks ice coffee all year round, which doesn't taste the same if you just pour regular coffee on top of ice. He became addicted overnight to the Tassimo version.

Even though the coffee is delicious, my favorite Tassimo product is the Earl Gray tea. It seems silly to brew tea in a coffee machine, especially when the cost per cup ends up being about $1.50, cheaper than a latte at Starbucks, but way more than a Lipton tea bag. Still, I find that the tea brewed in the Tassimo is richer and more intense than a plain tea bag.

Now our counters are lined with a variety of colorful boxes, and each morning we head to our personal coffee shop, in our jammas, and indulge our craving for the day.

GIVEAWAY
*** Random.org selected comment #6 as the lucky winner. Congrats to Kathy from the mouth watering Panini Happy blog. You're going to love this coffee maker! ***

I'm so excited because I have another Bosch Tassimo Personal Coffeemaker to give away today - valued close to $200. To enter to win, please leave me a comment about what your favorite coffee drink before Friday, August 5. I'll select the winner at random that night.

For additional chances to win, you can:
    • Follow @Chefdruck on Twitter
    • Tweet about this contest.
    • Post about this contest on your Facebook page.
    • Post about this contest on your blog.
    • Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings and/or Chefdruck Reviews.
    • Tweet about this contest on multiple days, and you'll get multiple entries. Just don't forget to leave me a comment each time you perform an entry action so that you get credit.

130 comments:

Allison said...

I also like sweet, but strong coffee. I usually love cafe mochas or an iced coffee mocha in the hot summer. Thanks for the great giveaway!

My email is sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Allison said...

I follow you on twitter under x0xAllison

Allison said...

http://mobile.twitter.com/x0xallison/status/19547208018

Tweeted this giveaway!

nightowl said...

I like vanilla lattes.
winit6@hotmail.com

nightowl said...

Follow @Chefdruck on Twitter. @winsome6
winit6@hotmail.com

Kathy - Panini Happy said...

Lately my favorite is the cinnamon dolce latte at Starbucks :-)

nightowl said...

Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings via RSS Feed.
winit6@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I like caramel macchiatos.

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Follow you on Twitter; rhoneygee

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/rhoneygee/status/19547544519

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

melissa s said...

I like caramel lattes.

Email- melissasmithton (at) yahoo . Com

Frankie said...

I enjoy strong black kona coffee.

frankneil2003 at yahoo dot com

meeyeehere said...

I love a peppermint latte in winter and a mocha frappe in the summer!
jacksoncrisman@yahoo.com

meeyeehere said...

I follow chef on twitter@ meeyeehere

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

mocha frappe in the summer is yummy and love cinnamon coffee in the winter

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

subscriber

janetfaye said...

I like Hazelnut flavored coffee sweet with cream.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

janetfaye said...

I follow you on Twitter - Janetfaye

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Glenda said...

Favorite is Caramel Mocha
embree@galaxycable.net

Glenda said...

Follow you on Twitter @busyathome
embree@galaxycable.net

Glenda said...

subscribed to Chefdruck Reviews
embree@galaxycable.net

Glenda said...

tweeted the giveaway @busyathome
http://twitter.com/busyathome/status/19552371772
embree@galaxycable.net

janetfaye said...

Email subscribed to Chefdruck Musings.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Some Lucky Dog said...

My favorite coffee drink is a Mocha!

Some Lucky Dog said...

following you on twitter (someluckydog)

Some Lucky Dog said...

tweet http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/19555630434

Some Lucky Dog said...

posted on facebook (Cindy Brooks)
http://www.facebook.com/SomeLuckyDog?v=wall&story_fbid=147055671975173&ref=mf#!/SomeLuckyDog?v=wall&story_fbid=139929746028081&ref=mf

Some Lucky Dog said...

blogged! http://someluckydog.blogspot.com/2010/07/win-tassimo-coffeemaker-at-chefdruck.html

Some Lucky Dog said...

e-mail subscriber of Reviews and Musing

Ilina said...

I love a simple latte, no flavor. And it must have the aroma of coffee!

Tweeted.
Added you to my Google reader.

Cheers!

debbie said...

I like mocha peppermint coffee in the winter and iced mochas in the summer.
twoofakind12@yahoo.com

debbie said...

I am a email subscriber.
twoofakind12@yahoo.com

lisa said...

My favorite coffee drink is a double shot Mocha..it gets ya going..=D
lmkay630@gmail.com

lisa said...

I Follow @Chefdruck on Twitter
@springfling60
lmkay630@gmail.com

Shanna said...

I love caramal macchiato's, and
simple dark coffee with half and half! So good! =]
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Shanna said...

I follow Chefdruck on Twitter
@ShannaEAnderson
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/19570851811
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

traci smith said...

to be honest i've never had a starbucks coffee, i know i know i hear the gasps all the way over here! but there just isnt a starbucks anywhere near me, closest would have to be at least 2 hours away, and not sure there is one there! but thats ok i like coffee with just a little milk added and he likes it strong and black

traci smith said...

i follow chefdruck on twitter , tracisme123

traci smith said...

placed on my facebook , http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000288900032&v=wall

traci smith said...

am a subscriber to chefdruck musings

Ellen C. said...

I like iced coffee with extra cream and some sugar. Thanks for the chance.

sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com

Jessica said...

I love all frou-frou coffees, but a good vanilla latte is probably my fav. With whipped cream please!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

my sister and dad are the big coffee drinkers...my sister would love a mocha coffee.

-Lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Jean Bugs said...

I love any kind of coffe drink, but especially a drink I get at Java's. It is a cherry white chocolate mocha. Hot or cold this is sooooo good. And of course there is always a chai latte...oh yum!

Jean Bugs said...

I follow you on Twitter!!! :-)

Allison said...

I have subscribed to chefdruck via email today. I have the first 3 comments on here too. Thanks!

My email- sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/19655873080
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

favorite coffee drink: Vietnamese coffee closely followed by vanilla chai. thanks!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I love flavored coffees. Right now I am really a fan of French Vanilla. Thanks for the opportunity.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Follow on Twitter @TheAngelForever

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Subscribe to your feed in Google Reader

Glenda said...

I tweeted! @busyathome
https://twitter.com/busyathome/status/19678894465

Hadleigh said...

I just found this comment and told my BFF Penny about it! We always go for coffee together, have since high school, but it's harder now since we're not in teh same state, but we skype every week with a cup of coffee os it's kind of similar! I like iced coffee personally, with caramel and soy milk because I'm lactose intolerant. :)

Hadleigh said...

I jsut tweeted about this!! Again, it's me Hadleigh, at hadleighstork@gmail.com

http://twitter.com/hadleighstork/status/19679603692

Penny said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I don't go to Starbucks or anything because my favorite coffee is Kona and only Kona, so I make it at home, which is why this would be PERFECT for me! You can reach me at soloensemble@gmail.com! I hope I win!! Off to tweet about it.

Penny said...

Success! I just tweeted.

soloensemble@gmail.com

http://twitter.com/Penny_Wyse/status/19679637686

bison61 said...

I like iced coffee

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/19736721449

shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Susan B said...

I really liked iced coffees or something sweet

blondechica165 at gmail dot com

Allison said...

I tweeted this giveaway today! My initial entries are the first 3.

http://mobile.twitter.com/x0xallison/status/19748314733

Email is sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Jackie said...

I love coffee and usually just drink it with vanilla creamer. When I want to indulge (buy coffee out) I like to get a Cafe Mocha. Thanks for the review and giveaway!
jackievillano at gmail dot com

Jackie said...

I Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings via email
jackievillano at gmail dot com

Allison said...

Retweeted this giveaway again!

http://mobile.twitter.com/x0xallison/status/19807746855

Email- sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/19831715286
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

mandala said...

I like Iced coffee mocha :) Thanks for the giveaway.

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

mandala said...

Subscribed to Chefdrufk Musings via Google Reader

mandalarctic at gmail dot com

Garima said...

How cool.............Now my coffee fixes to stay up with my daughter.. and stay awake at work.. will all be perfect... really hoping i win... aaah!

Shanna said...

tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/19913810466
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Some Lucky Dog said...

07-30 tweet http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/19931689720

Allison said...

Retweeted today!

http://mobile.twitter.com/x0xallison/status/19941080700

Email- sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Lisa said...

My fave coffee drink is Caramel Macchiato. I love caramel and coffee together. it's so delicious.

Lisa said...

I subscribed to your musings to My Yahoo.

Lisa said...

I tweeted

http://twitter.com/NewYorkChica/status/19953443894

Unknown said...

my favorite "coffee" drink is actually a tea drink: chai latte! yum. but my husband LOOOOOOOVES! coffee! and this would be a great birthday gift for him...

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

i subscribe to chefdruck musings...

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

i follow you on twitter (@mmmyatt)

Unknown said...

my fav is a Carmel Maciado (spelling?) special treat for sure, now only to make them at home mmm would be awesome!

calvert0 at telus dot net

Unknown said...

Follow @Chefdruck on Twitter @dewinner
calvert0 at telus dot net

Unknown said...

Follow by Google friend connect
calvert0 at telus dot net

Unknown said...

Tweeted
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20016992556
calvert0 at telus dot net

Some Lucky Dog said...

7-31 tweet http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/20017246345

Allison said...

Retweeted this today.

http://mobile.twitter.com/x0xallison/status/20034478436

Email- sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

D Tweet
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20088889508
calvert0 at telus dot net

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
https://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/20089365629
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Some Lucky Dog said...

08-01 tweet http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/20116776060

Unknown said...

D Tweet
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20127090814
calvert0 at telus dot net

makeetis said...

My favorite coffee drink is medium coffee and I drink it black with sugar...
brewerchickey78@yahoo.com

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/20141372901
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Steph said...

My favorite coffee is good ole Folgers Blend coffee. I bought some Jack Daniels brand and it is good but I prefer to dose it down with a bit of regular ground coffee since it is a tad strong. No cream, no sugar. I enjoy the taste. I admit I haven't had a chance to really explore the "coffee world" and I have never had Starbucks. I am sure that will change in time.

Steph said...

Tweeted

http://twitter.com/mnsteph/status/20161636021

Steph said...

I follow @chefdruck on Twitter (mnsteph).

Some Lucky Dog said...

08-01 tweet http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/20197785162

yukonmom99 said...

Tweeted and Suscribed to email
@yukonmom99

yukonmom99 said...

My favorite or Latte's with half hazelnut and half vanilla, like mine a little on the sweet side.

Unknown said...

D Tweet
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20208491522
calvert0 at telus dot net

Steph said...

Daily Tweet

http://twitter.com/mnsteph/status/20211657919

Teaching Mommy said...

My absolute favorite is a white mocha from Starbucks.....but at home, I like to brew vanilla flavored coffee and add more french vanilla cream.

frankandkatie at gmail dot com

Teaching Mommy said...

tweet

http://twitter.com/frankandkatie/status/20218497544

frankandkatie at gmail dot com

Teaching Mommy said...

subscribe via google reader to chefdruck musings

frankandkatie at gmail dot com

Teaching Mommy said...

subscribe via google reader to chefdruck reviews

frankandkatie at gmail dot com

Allison said...

Retweeted this today, 8/3

http://twitter.com/x0xAllison/status/20228100550

Email is sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/20249983557
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

smashbravo said...

My favorite coffee drink is just a hot cup of black coffee with lots and lots of sugar. Once in a while I will add a splash of vanilla creamer but black is my favorite.

smashbravo@gmail.com

smashbravo said...

Following chefdruck on Twitter.

(5linersn1gloss)

smashbravo@gmail.com

smashbravo said...

Tweeted about giveaway.
Sorry don't know how to get that link everyone gives to show they sent a tweet. But this was what I sent. I am SO new to twitter...lol

5linersn1gloss
Amazing Tassimo Coffemaker Giveaway..worth almost$200... see here.http://tinyurl.com/2e33xlv

smashbravo@gmail.com

Aimee said...

My favorite coffee drink is coffee with cream & sugar. Yup, I'm boring :)

Aimee said...

Follow you on twitter @pixie13sweeps

Aimee said...

email subscriber

Aimee said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/20254113861

Some Lucky Dog said...

08-03 tweet
http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/20274588902

Unknown said...

D Tweet
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20291096042
calvert0 at telus dot net

Steph said...

Daily Tweet

http://twitter.com/mnsteph/status/20297363442

Some Lucky Dog said...

08-04 tweet http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/20345787921

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/20351144524
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Allison said...

Retweeted today!

http://twitter.com/x0xAllison/status/20367806652

Email is sincerely_allison at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

D Tweet
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20375865361
calvert0 at telus dot net

Steph said...

Daily Tweet

http://twitter.com/mnsteph/status/20377218929

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/20385268235

shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Some Lucky Dog said...

08-05 tweet http://twitter.com/someluckydog/status/20440802674

Unknown said...

DT-http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20457086487
calvert0 at telus dot net

Steph said...

Daily Tweet

http://twitter.com/mnsteph/status/20462566252

Shanna said...

I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/ShannaEAnderson/status/20467872267
shanna.elizabeth@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

DT-http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20539877034
calvert0 at telus dot net

Steph said...

Daily Tweet

http://twitter.com/mnsteph/status/20544192947

Staci A said...

I love French Vanilla coffee with cream and sugar. Yum!
mommastaci33 at yahoo dot com

Staci A said...

I follow on Twitter @MommaStaciA.
mommastaci33 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

D Tweet
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20610925252
calvert0 at telus dot net

Unknown said...

D Tweet
http://twitter.com/dewinner/status/20694763380
calvert0 at telus dot net

Tassimo Coffee Maker said...

Who won the coffeemaker? I wish you would giveaway another Bosch Tassimo Personal Coffeemaker.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails