I lived without a rice cooker for years, just making my rice in a saucepan, thinking it was fine, until a Japanese friend let me borrow hers to make sushi rice. Before I returned it, I played around with it, and got hooked on how easily the rice cooker made perfectly fluffed rice, without me needing to worry about scorching the bottom of the pan. Soon I went out and got my own rice cooker, and started using it to make white rice, coconut rice, and even to steam vegetables.
This week I received Aroma's newest digital rice cooker to try. And the great news is that the Aroma PR team also gave me an extra one to give away to my readers!
The new Aroma Digital Rice Cooker can now be found nationally in Walmart stores for $39.88. I love that this rice cooker has both a white rice and a brown rice setting. As soon as the rice is done, it automatically switches to keep warm setting. And the delay cooking option lets you program your rice to cook up to 15 hours earlier. I can just imagine setting my slow cooker up in the morning with some nice short ribs and setting my rice cooker alongside it to come home to a ready made dinner that evening.
To enter to win, please leave me a comment about whether or not you own a rice cooker before Friday, June 25. I'll select the winner at random that night.
For additional chances to win, you can:
- Follow @Chefdruck on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest.
- Post about this contest on your blog.
- Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings and/or Chefdruck Reviews

39 comments:
use coupons for things we will use, sales and shopping smart
I buy store brand whenever possible and use coupons for the other items. Thanks for the chance.
sweetascandy579 at yahoo dot com
I don't own a rice cooker, but I sure would like to! It's the only thing standing between me and making sushi. :-)
My husband would love a rice cooker.
I subscribe
And I follow you on twitter (@racheltayse)
I save money by shopping for sales. I just get the sales....nothing else. That's the trick.
dorcontest at gmail dot com
I follow on twitter.
doreen riopel
dorcontest at gmail dot com
tweet
http://twitter.com/DoreenRiopel/status/16151822080
dorcontest at gmail dot com
◦Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings
dorcontest at gmail dot com
I do not own a rice cooker, but I have used them before and they are great!
couponboss at gmail dot com
I save money by planning a weekly menu with what's on sale that week. I use coupons and shop more than one store to get the best deals.
traymona[at]aol.com
I save money by not buying prepared items or lots of mixes---instead I cook almost everything from scratch.
farrell@crosslake.net
I am an email subscriber to Chefdruck Musings.
farrell@crosslake.net
I have an ancient rice cooker that I bought in law school. I agree it's a must-have. I was converted to rice cookers by a Hawaiian roommate in college. She also bought rice in giant 30 lb. bags!
I own a 2nd hand rice cooker and would love to win because we cook rice all the time :)
mandalarctic at gmail dot com
Subscribed to Chefdruck Musings via Google Reader
mandalarctic at gmail dot com
We do not own a rice cooker. Lately, since my kids are into a great little book called "Chicken Soup With Rice" we have been making alot more rice in the microwave :).
Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/mnsteph/status/16255089644
I do not have one, but I know my husband would love one.
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
http://twitter.com/GabbyLowe/status/16484054336
tweeted
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
subscribe to musings
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
subscribe to reviews
I do not have a rice cooker so I'd love to win one!
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
Every time I think about buying a rice cooker my husband reminds me that I have one, a pan on the stove works just fine. So no, I don't have one but I sure want one!
I follow you on twitter. @HSlater351
My tweet; http://twitter.com/HSlater351/status/16785875979
I am subscribed via RSS to both of your blogs. :-)
I do not own a rice cooker, but would like to!!
junkforcarmen at gmail dot com
I subscribe to your RSS feed for Chefdruck Musings via Google Reader
junkforcarmen at gmail dot com
I'm following on Twitter (atlantagalknows)
junkforcarmen at gmail dot com
I have a rice cooker but it's old and not as nice as this one! tylerpants(at)gmail.com
I'm a subscriber of both blogs. tylerpants(at)gmail.com
I do not own a rice cooker, which is weird because we eat a lot of rice.
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
follow you on twitter @pixie13sweeeps
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
tweet
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/16969473336
gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com
I don't have a rice cooker but would love to have one!
I subscribe to Chefdruck Reviews & Chefdruck Musings
Post a Comment