Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sid the Science Kid DVD Set Giveaway


GIVEAWAY SATURDAY
*** Congrats to anonymous commenter #29 - the winner - who thinks PBS shows are the best! ***

Magically on Tuesday, when the big yellow bus stopped at the end of our street to ferry away the kids to school, the weather turned cooler. It's still August, but fall is in the air and no one is thinking of jumping in the pool anymore. The kids have been inside more which means it's a perfect time to restock my video library for those down moments after crafts, games, and snack.

One of my favorite new shows to program in the DVR is Sid the Science Kid. It's too young for my second grader, but perfect for my Kindergardener and my 3 year old. Sid is a lovable little boy who asks the same type of questions about the world that plague my kids. I love how he inspires them to be curious and investigate topics like dirt, bugs, leaves, and why bananas turn brown.

For giveaway today, I have two Sid the Science Kid DVDs: The Bug Club and Change Happens - enough to keep your kids entertained for months. As a bonus, I also have another great kids' show entitled Dive Olly Dive: Ship Shape Sub - featuring the animated underwater adventures of Olly the submarine.

These three DVDs will go as a set to one lucky winner. To enter to win, just leave a comment here by Friday, September 11. I'll select the winner at random that night. And head on over to Chefdruck Reviews to enter to win another educational DVD gift pack, this time all about space with the Zula Patrol.

As usual, you can get extra chances to win by:
Just remember to leave me a different comment to get credit for each extra entry.

123 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Big Sid fans here and would love to see Dive Olly Dive. Thanks for the opportunity.

the_angel_forever at yahoo dot com

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Subscribe to Chefdruck Musings feed

the_angel_forever at yahoo dot com

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Subscribe to Chefdruck Reviews feed.

the_angel_forever at yahoo dot comin

CJensen said...

My younger kids love Sid

kissyjensen at gmail dot comr

CJensen said...

Musings Subscriber

kissyjensen at gmail dot com

CJensen said...

Reviews Subscriber

kissyjensen at gmail dot com

Cindy B.of Montana said...

These sound perfect for 2 of our young grandsons. Thanks for the chance!

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Musings subscriber.

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Reviews subscriber.

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Tweet! http://twitter.com/sendtocindy/status/3660298350

VickieC said...

I have 4 grandchildren under the age of 4 who would love to watch this,I love DVDs like this,fun to watch an they learn too!

vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

VickieC said...

I subscribe to Musings

vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

VickieC said...

I subscribe to Reviews

vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

VickieC said...

I follow on twitter an tweeted;
vickiecouturierhttp://bit.ly/1EUY4V

vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

rubynreba said...

Great giveaway! Thanks for the chance.
pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

rubynreba said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Musings
pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

rubynreba said...

I subscribe to Chefdruck Reviews
pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

Katie said...

We love Sid!
katiekarr at gmail dot com

Maude Lynn said...

Sid is my daughter's current favorite!

kelli at pfrog dot net

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Oh we love Sid the Science Kid!!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I'm subscribed to Musings

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I'm subscribed to Reviews

Sheila said...

Youngest grandson LOVES Sid.
Sheila
chiliburger@icehouse.net

Meredith said...

My nephew would love to have this. He loves Sid.

Staci A said...

My 5 year old loves watching Sid, but unfortunately he doesn't get to see it much because of the time it shows around here. Thanks for the chance to enter!
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Staci A said...

I subscribe to Musings.
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Staci A said...

And I subscribe to Reviews. Thanks!
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I'd love to win these for my granddaughter as this is one of her favorite shows, thanks.

kport207 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

PBS shows are some of the best on tv.
traymona[at]aol.com

elizabeth p said...

I like the quality of PBS shows and yet my kids just love them. I am queenesperfect at yahoo.com

abfantom said...

My daughter loves this show and would be thrilled to have the DVD.


abfantom at yahoo dot com

Mysharona said...

good dvd

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

kids would love

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

subscriber

ky2here said...

We'd love these for visits with the grandchildren.

ReggieMann said...

Would love to win this for my niece :)

ReggieM1961 (at) gmail (dot) com

Nicole C. said...

My daughter would love these!!

choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

carol said...

I would love to win this for my grandkids...thanks for the great giveaway

Michelle said...

My son loves Sid, and it's really a great show.

shelnew19 (at) gmail (dot) com

phxbne said...

My 4 year old loves Sid

phxbne said...

tweet http://twitter.com/phxbne/status/3737706759

pmom said...

i wud like my LO to develop an interest in science and this is a gr8 show

denyse said...

The kids would definately love this.

denyse_g@hotmail.com

jenv said...

Great giveaway! My son would love this! jenalber@hotmail.com

cstironkat said...

Please enter me to win your giveaway. These are perfect for Holt who will be turning 4 soon. Thank you

GabbyLowe said...

My kids would love to have these videos

timmiedeluca@comcast.net

GabbyLowe said...

timmiedeluca@comcast.net

subscribe to musings

GabbyLowe said...

timmiedeluca@comcast.net

subscribe to reviews

GabbyLowe said...

http://twitter.com/GabbyLowe/status/3766394840

timmiedeluca@comcast.net

danosor said...

I am a subscriber.

Linda said...

These would be great for my grandson, he loves Sid!
lgrieser(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Unknown said...

my kids love sid. this would definitely be a big hit at our house...

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

i subscribe to chefdruck musings through reader...

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

i subscribe to chefdruck reviews through reader...

melanie(dot)myatt(at)gmail(dot)com

Mia J. said...

I would like to win this for my daughter who is a big Sid fan. Thanks for the chance.

Ken said...

Please accept my entry. Thank you.

roseh2o19 said...

win!

Daniel M said...

my nephew would love these - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Jennifer said...

My kids would love it if I won these!

jls_wss2003 at yahoo dot com

Jennifer said...

I subscribe to chefdruck reviews!

jls_wss2003 at yahoo dot com

Jennifer said...

I subscribe to chefdruck musings!

jls_wss2003 at yahoo dot com

AEKZ2 said...

My children would love this. Thanks!

Unknown said...

My Kindergarteners love Sid. So does my four year old!

Laura K said...

Oh what a great giveaway! I love teaching my godchildren about the way the world works. Would love to win!

laurawins286@yahoo.com

Dave said...

My little nephews love PBS Kids shows, so these DVDs are sure to become favorites around here. Thank you for the chance to win.

Anonymous said...

We love Sid.

Anonymous said...

http://twitter.com/jdaniel4smom/status/3877843532

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to Musings

Anonymous said...

I subscribed to Reviews.

Anonymous said...

My kids love Sid.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

my kids love pbs they watch it at my mothers since she does not have cable
racheldb@bellsouth.net

Molly K said...

My boys would love these. PBS is the only channel I let them watch.

Julie said...

my nephews would love these

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie said...

email subscriber to Musings

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie said...

email subscriber to Reviews :)

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Happi Shopr said...

my brother's kiddos would love these and i would love to have an early christmas present to be able to cross off the list. thanks! trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

Sonya said...

My kids love these shows!

Anonymous said...

For my niece Hannah!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

kygirl said...

My grandson watches this show everyday and loves it.

LeeAnn P. said...

My kids love Sid! They love the songs and sing them ALL the time!
murphykat[at]yahoo[dot]com

Gabriel S-J. said...

My son likes Sid!

Jinxy and Me said...

This looks cute! I haven't seen the show before. Thanks for the giveaway!

Jinxy and Me said...

I'm subscribed to your RSS feed.

Susan said...

I have a 2 year old who loves watching Sid and his friends. When he is getting ready to eat breakfast he goes in the front room and comes running in yelling "BREAKFAST TIME!!!" He didn't like bugs until Sid had the Bug Club on TV, now he goes after any bug he sees outside. His 5 year old sister thinks Sid is cool since they are the same age. She told me she wishes her teacher sang like Teacher Suzie.

Since watching Dive Olly Dive the 2 year old has to have all his bath toys "DIVE" before we can start his bath.

Both shows are very high quality childrens progamming.

mchavez718 said...

My kids and I love Sid the Science Kid. It is one of the few shows I let my children watch and we really enjoy it.
mchavez718@gmail.com

Bridget3496 said...

I'd love to win this for my grandson!

Bridget3496 said...

subscribe to musings- brdgcombs@aol.com

Bridget3496 said...

subscribe to review- brdgcombs@aol.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

These would be great for my nieces!
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

subscribe to musings
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

subscribe to review

kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

http://twitter.com/kngmckellar/status/3909827667

tweet
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Sheila Hickmon said...

We love Sid! Thanks for the chance!
hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I subscribe via email to Chefdruck Musings!
hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Sheila Hickmon said...

I subscribe via email to Chefdruck Reviews!
hawkgirl_16{at}hotmail{dot}com

Anonymous said...

Thanking you for posting such a wonderful contest. ~ Amy (amyinkamloops *AT* gmail.com)

Mtlgrl4evr said...

My daughter loves the Sid the Science Kid!

susansmoaks said...

we love sid the science kid, thanks for the awesome giveaway

susansmoaks said...

subscriber to my Chefdruck Musings feed

susansmoaks said...

subscriber to my Chefdruck Reviews feed.

Lisa said...

My little guy loves Sid. Please enter me.
iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com

susan1215 said...

My daughter would love these DVD's

john ferris said...

The kids would like to see this.
John ferris
guapo1317@live.com

Terri Dell said...

Cool giveaway, my nephew would love this.

Tabby said...

Great giveaway! My daughter loves Sid the Science Kid!

Miranda Ward said...

My two daughters love Sid

dvice12 said...

My kids would like this

Donna said...

What an awesome giveaway.

tina reynolds said...

my son jack would be thrilled with this thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

i subscribe to Chefdruck Musings feed thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

Chefdruck reviews feed thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds said...

http://twitter.com/eaglesforjack/status/3917660197 thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

SolDucky said...

They look like cute movies.

Heather said...

My kids would love to win these videos.

Heather said...

I subscribe to the Chefdruck Musings feed

Heather said...

I subscribe to the Chefdruck Reviews feed.

Heather said...

I sent a tweet; http://twitter.com/HSlater351/status/3919393600

Denise S. said...

My kids would be excited to get these!

Sand said...

These are all such great shows!

Unknown said...

My son loves Sid the Science Kid!

Amy delong said...

my 2 boys would really enjoy these

ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

cman said...

My kids would love this.. Please enter me :)

phyllisg said...

Sid the Science Kids keeps the creative juices flowing even for Grandma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails